CSV-1460: Clarification about HDMI Adapter

Updated on 27-01-2021 in Docking Station
2 on 24-01-2021

The product page of CSV-1460 says “This means that for the conversion of the video signal to DVI or HDMI passive cables or adapters must be used.” The german page also states that passive cables or adapters have to be used.

Does this mean that active adapters cannot/must not be used (prohibited), and only passive adapters have to be used (required)?

Does this mean either passive cables/adapters (with the features of the source = DP 1.2 of dock) or active adapters can be used, both required due to being DP ports?

In my case I would prefer to use the active DP > HDMI 2.1 adapter CAC-1085? Would that be possible?

• Liked by
0 on 25-01-2021

Hi Maddes,

The CAC-1085 is an active adapter. This will not work on the CSV-1460. You will need to use a passive adapter/cable on this docking station. 

There is no passive solution to go from DisplayPort 1.2 to HDMI 2.1. I would like to suggest you to read up on bandwidths regarding DisplayPort and HDMI. 

Your best bet would be the CAC-1056. 

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 27-01-2021

I think the product page is saying that a passive adapter/cable is required to use the dual mode feature, but an active adapter can be used to bypass the dual mode.

Usually dual mode (DP++) is limited to HDMI 4K 30Hz (especially for a DisplayPort 1.2 port). Sometimes it can do 4K 60Hz (sometimes for a DisplayPort 1.4 port) – it depends on the DP++ port. Even if it does support 4K 60Hz, you may want to use an active adapter if the DP++ port uses a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter that doesn’t have the features you want.

The CAC-1085 may be usable, but the input is limited to DisplayPort 1.2 with no DSC and no support for 4:2:0.

• Liked by
Cancel