CSV-5300 Black Screens

Updated on 05-06-2017 in MST Hub
6 on 31-05-2017

Good Afternoon!

I purchased a CSV-5300 today (box says 5300A but there is no reset button)

When I connect any display through the MST Windows 10 and the NVIDIA 1060 (Alienware R13 R3) detect the displays but an image is not displayed, simply just a black screen.

I have tested the cables and monitors and all displays function correctly when not connected to the MST.

Perhaps a firmware update on the MST is required?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you kindly,

– Audi.

• Liked by
0 on 01-06-2017

Good Evening!

Tonite I found the 0.6 firmware for the 5300A and updated the device. This did not seem to help my situation. Still black screens on monitors connected via Display Port to DVI cables. I did get an image on a tv when I used a Display Port to HDMI Adapter though.

Please let me know your thoughts!

Thanks again,

– Audi.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 01-06-2017

Hi Audi,
Sorry to hear this.
What screens are you using ?
What DP to DVI cables are you using (brand / type) ?
In general:
Make sure to use the first DP ouput on the card (normally the one with only with HDMi next to it).
An MST Hub is an active device so you should use passive adapters and cables to connect your screens to the MST Hub.
When converting the signal we advise to use adapters like  CAC-1000 plus a normal DVI cable in your case. 
Sometimes you will need to do settings in the screens like “enable DP1.2”.

• Liked by
Cancel
1 on 01-06-2017

Good Afternoon!

Thank you for the response.

Screens: Two Acer G276HL and a one AOC E2425Swd
Cables: iCan Displayport to DVI-D

The laptop is an Alienware R13 R3 with an internal NVIDIA 1060. There is one minidisplay port and one HDMI output.

I did not see a setting in the monitor settings referring to “Enable DP1.2”.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thank you kindly,

– Audi.

on 02-06-2017

You have a Notebook right.
Most notebook support up to 3 screens including their own, so if you would want to connect 3 external screens you probably need to disable the Notebook screen. So please cehck that. DP output is 1.2 spec, so that is ok.
I am asuming you are using the Mini-DP to DP converter that came with the MST Hub , so that is ok. Screens are working, so that leaves the cables. Not saying the Dp to DVI Cables are bad, but it could be they somehow disturb the MST signal which causes the screen not to recognize the incoming signal.
Please try with converting the DP to DVI with a  CAC-1000 and connect Display with normal DVI to DVI cable.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
1 on 03-06-2017

Good Evening!

Unfortunately, I do not have a place nearby to purchase the CAC-1000 and the return policy where I purchased the CSV-5300 is only 14 days.

It seems I will likely have to return the device to the point of sale this week.

Thank you for your help though.

– Audi.

on 05-06-2017

Hi Audi, very sorry for the inconvenience.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel