csv-5400 with Nvidia Nvidia Quadro K620 ?

Updated on 19-01-2015 in MST Hub
7 on 15-01-2015

Hi,
I would know if it’s possible to use the csv-5400 with Nvidia Quadro K620 or if the HUB is only compatible with Radeon graphic card.
Thanks a lot in advance.
Robby

• Liked by
0 on 16-01-2015

Hi,
We have quite a few users using the MST Hub with Quadro solutions and generally speaking it works. Screen setups is based on the driver support.
The MST Hub is not dependent on a GPU preference as it ask as a MST or SST. Also works on Intel based GPUs, preferable on the HD5000 series.
On the Quadro line up, your K620 supports MST, footnote 4

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 16-01-2015

Thanks Paul for the amswer,
recently I’ve buyed one CSV-5400, but when i connect it to my Quadro k620, the pc not start and if I connect the csv-5400 when my pc is on, the scan led remain off an the Hub seem not functioning.
Any idea ?
Thanks

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 16-01-2015

Hi,

Do you get a screen on the DVI port? 
Please boot on your DVI port and when your system is up and running, plug the MST Hub with the corresponding power supply. Then plug the monitor to the MST Hub. If the monitor is not detected please use the scan button.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 16-01-2015

Hi,
well…MST Hub connected and powered, with the Pc Off; when the Pc is started the monitor doesen’t display any picture and remain black, if I disconnect the MST Hub the pc start and ask me the tipe of boot, normal, safe etc. etc….
If I start the Pc with the DVI, it will start normally, then when the MST is connected the PC stop responding keyboard and mouse too…
It’s possible that the MST is damaged ?
I must try the MST Hub with another PC to verify if the problem is the same or not…
The problem is that I not have monitor daisy-chaining capable… 🙁
Any other idea ?
Thanks….

• Liked by
Cancel
2 on 19-01-2015

Hi,
We are not sure what is causing the MST Hub to make your system to stop responding. There is a trick that I always do when this happens but I am not sure if it is going to work for you.
Please power down your system, unplug your power cable from your system and press the power button to drain off completely your computer power. Then reconnect everything to see if this resolves the problem.
Check if on another PC the MST Hub is working properly.
If defective please have it replaced inmediately.

Kind regards,

on 19-01-2015

Hi Paul,
in this week I check your trick and also the MST with one new pc but different nvidia graphic…
Thanks in advance. I will write after the check.
Best regards.

on 19-01-2015

You are welcome.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel