CSV-7200 outputs repeatedly go black for about 3 seconds

Updated on 04-11-2021 in MST Hub
3 on 23-10-2021

Got a new CSV-7200 DP 1.4 MST Hub with two DP outputs. Connected a 1A+ power supply. After some time one of the two connected monitors goes black for roughly 3 seconds and then comes back. Some time later the same happens on the other monitor. This will repeat “continously” at random times. What’s the reason? A defect of the MST Hub? 

• Liked by
0 on 25-10-2021

What have you tested so far to see if it is the MST hub?

Does it also happen when you connect the DP ports directly? Does it also happen if you plug the USB into your PC/Laptop?

What hardware do you use? Source, displays, cable are 1.4?

Could be so many different things, can’t just point at the MST and say it’s defective. Do some testing with different setups.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 04-11-2021

Same DELL U2412M monitors have been running without issues for years directly connected to a Surface Dock. Now I’m using a new ATEN CS1944DP to switch between different PCs. As I wanted to attach a third screen, I also got the MST Hub as the CS1944DP is certified for MST usage. Without the MST hub I have a stable display with the same monitors. The USB power cable has been attached to the devices USB port first before I moved it to a separate supply because of those issues – just in case it might draw more power than is supported on the devices port (haven’t seen any power consumption spec for the hub).
As it is just one screen at a time that goes black I don’t think that the signal from the CS1944DP is the root cause. MST hub is driving two identical monitors for simplicity reasons (DELL U2412M – 1920×1200).
Tried two different types of DP cables, including those coming with the CS1944DP – as the cables are connected to the output of the MST hub, DP 1.2 should be the max that is required as just a single monitor is connected. The input is DP 1.4 where the cable is part of the hub and directly connected to the devices output.

What else should I test to identify the root cause? Something totally wrong / unsupported with that setup?

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 04-11-2021

What is the third monitor and at what resolution?

1920 x 1080 .Try that resolution is it still unstable?

Your source (be it PC or Notebook) which version DP does that have? Which GPU is used? Are the drivers up to date?

To rule out the MST, can you connect it directly to you source without the Switch in between?

• Liked by
Cancel