does CSV-3203 working well with MacBook Air early 2015?

Updated on 24-05-2018 in Docking Station
5 on 27-09-2017

Hi

I am using MacBook Air early 2015 + Sierra 10.12.6 and just purchased CSV-3203.
I connected 2 external monitors and both of them displays exactly same screen.
Do I need any setup or driver for this thing working?

Best Regards.

• Liked by
4 on 27-09-2017

Good day snova,

The CSV-3203 is making use of Multi Stream Transport (MST) feature to distribute 2 incoming video signals form teh source system to the Screens. I am quite sure MAC OS does not support MST so it will only send out 1 video Signal which is why the hub just shows that on both screens.
I would advise you to use a CSV-1460 on a MAC Book Air early 2015.
http://www.club-3d.com/en/detail/2423/usb_3.0_dual_display_4k60hz_docking_station/
That has a Displaylink Chip iinside that will generate its own Video Signal outputs, so this way your dont have to depend on the MacBook air for that part. The CSV-1460 uses just 1 USB3.0 port and can output 2 x 4K 60Hz !

on 27-09-2017

Thank you very much for your reply!

I’ve checked the link you gave me and it looks fine but I need to use mini display port and that is why I purchased CSV-3203 at the first place.
Do you have any other product which I can use with my MacBook Air + 2 external displays?

Best Regards.

on 27-09-2017

Hi snova,
Why would you not be able to use the USB 3.0 port of the Notebook ?
I mean I understadn it would prevent you from using it form something else, but this docking also generates 6 x USB 3.0 ports … so USB connectivity enough i would think …

on 29-09-2017

Hi
Thank you for your reply.
I am sorry that I am not that good at a display related technology but are you saying that I can connect my external monitor to one of your docking station with USB cable?

on 29-09-2017

Hi snova,
Nothing to be sorry about.
The CSV-1460 Docking I was referring to you can see as an USB Hub, an External Graphics (for 2 screens up to 4K 60Hz), usb sound card, usb network card … all together in 1 package.
You connect the Docking to the USB3.0 port to your MacBook and the screens to the DiaplyPort connector outputs on the Docking Station.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSoe0SDvoto

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel