Help CSV 5300 MST HUB 1.2 displayport to 3 1.2 displayport

Updated on 09-01-2017 in MST Hub
1 on 06-01-2017

I purchased this hub from amazon to connect to four Samsung 4k un55ks8000 series. I’m using 3 active 1.2 display port to HDMI 2.0 AND an R7 250 Radeon graphics. Three of the monitors will be connected to the hub and one of the monitor will be connected directly to the HDMI connector on graphics card. The monitor connected directly to the HDMI connector is working find but i can only get video on one of the 3 monitors connected to the hub. In other words, i can only get two monitors with videos out of the four monitors. What is strange about the setup is that when starting up my PC, the monitors without video does show show the BIOS menu but when PC has booting to desktop there isn’t  a video. Weird! What do i have to do to get the other two monitors to work. Trying to use AMD EYEINFINITY to setup a 2×2 video wall for gaming. Any help will be truly appreciated before i return the card. Thanks

• Liked by
0 on 09-01-2017

Hi Elvis20,

Which R7 250 do you have (item code) ?

An MST Hub CAV-5300 will allow to connect 3 screens to a singel DP 1.2 ouput, but will not increase the bandwidth of the DP 1.2 ouput. So you can run 3 screens in 1080p at 60Hz but not 3 screens in 4K at 60Hz because that will take much more bandwidth then 1 DP1.2 output has.

• Liked by
Cancel