Help with Mac Cinema Display and CAC-1010

Updated on 23-04-2020 in Adapters and Cables
3 on 21-04-2020

When I hook everything up – my monitor just remains dark. It is on, but no image. I am using a Mac Pro  – MAC OS Sierra 10.12.6. with two 30″ HD Cinema Displays.  The graphics card is a Radeon RX580  Any help would be appreciated.

Ken

• Liked by
0 on 22-04-2020

Hi

are your videocard drivers up-to-date ?

does the system recognizes the monitor, also could you try to use an external power for the CAC-1010 connecting the USB-A output to a phone charger, this at least would cancel out the issue of the adapter not receiving enough power.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 22-04-2020

If I use a simple DVI to HDMI or DVI to display  port the monitor works but at a lower resolution. That is why I bought the CAC-1010 so that I can get the higher resolution.

I know with another video card both of my monitors displayed the correct resolution without any of these problems  – but I upgraded to the Radeon RX580 and it doesn’t feel like an upgrade at all if I can’t get this working.  The other monitor plugged directly into the DVI port on the card works fine and gets the correct resolution.  So, I am not sure why the CAC-1010 won’t work. I tried using a phone charger for the USB but it made no difference.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 23-04-2020

is your macpro a model made after the 2012¿?

• Liked by
Cancel