Hi I was wondering if anyone had an idear why only some USB-C to USB-C cables work for connecting a ThinkVision X1 4K display and 2016 MacBook? perhaps others had problems connecting to a monitor with USB-C?
The following cables dont work:
1) Original Apple USB-C to USB-C, comes with the charger.
2) Belkin USB-C to USB-C superspeed+ http://www.belkin.com/us/p/P-F2CU030/
4) Lenovo USB-C to USB-C – comes with the monitor.
5) Tenswall USB-C to USB-C http://www.amazon.de/Tenswall-PowerLine-USB-C-Type-C-Ger%C3%A4te/dp/B01968QK14?i e=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00
from what i can gather the following cables seem to work:
6) Monoprice USB-C to USB-C. http://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=103&cp_id=10303&cs_id=1030319&p_id=13003&s eq=1&format=2
7) Aukey USB-C to USB-C. http://www.amazon.de/Ger%C3%A4te-inklusive-MacBook-Chromebook-Schwarz/dp/B01144Z V68?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00
I was thinking it might have something to do with the differnce in output 3A vs. 5A or pressence of E-marker chip. But i am not sure there are any relations between those factores.
anyway i wanted to try a Club 3D USB-C to USB-C it can output 5A and has a E-marker chip has anyone used this cable for similar stuff?