I got it! Smooth 60hz with my Macbook and the Philips TV! 😀
Here’s what i done:
- reset all SwitchResX custom Settings
- remove SwitchResX from my OSX
- create a new User in OSX
- change my locale/language to english
- installed SwitchResX again for the new User
SIP needs to be disabled -> http://www.madrau.com/support/support/srx_1011.html
- connect the TV with CAC-1170
- select 4k30hz (default, not custom – important!)
- Create a Custom Resolution without simplified settings and CVT-RB
– only this way SwitchResX uses the same TV specific settings like in the 4k30Hz Mode
– change now only the Vertical Scan rate to 60.000
- close the window and save
- on your TV check that made all the TV specific settings (Computer Mode, UHD 4:4:4)
- turn off your TV (without i had 60hz which felt like 30hz – really strange…)
- remove CAC-1170 from the Macbook
- Reboot your Mac!
- turn TV on again
- connect the CAC-1170 (if i leave it connected i got just a blue screen)
- select 4k60Hz in the settings and now it should work!
- = 60Hz! (at least for me)
- and the best of all… it works also with the cheapest (1€ from eBay ) HDMI 1.3 Cable (2 Meters)!
(i spend at least 100€ for the HDMI 2.0 Cables like from Oehlbach, the recommend Club3D HDMI 2.0, Amazon Basics and much more…. all unnecessary…)
I’m not sure if everything is necessary, but only this way i got it working. And i tried every tip and hint from the forum and spend days to come to my final solution… Maybe it was just a corrupted SwitchResX, but who knows…
And maybe someone finds a solution how i can avoid the Blue Screen on the TV when i reboot the mac? Until now i need to reconnect the CAC-1170 everytime. On a Macbook its okay, but annoying.
And @MST1407 – thanks for the Mail. It cleared some things up.