Here’s a bump for your thread, plus what I learned:
0) disable csr on your mac as shown here: http://www.madrau.com/support/support/srx_1011.html
1) Install switchresx (madrau.com)
2) make a custom resolution like shown here: http://www.madrau.com/srx_howtouseit/srx_howtouseit/srx_timings.html
3) save, reboot, fire up the switchresx daemon if not running already
4) choose the custom resolution you created from the menu. Done.
Hope that helps, now here’s my fairly similar info, so I am jumping into this thread:
Source: Mid-2015 Macbook Pro Retina, Intel Iris Pro integrated graphics (HD 5200). El Capitan.
Adapter: Club3d CAC-1170, REV: A2-00, FW: V7.23, 1615
Target: Samsung UE49KU6172 UHD TV
1) on the tv: “HDMI UHD Color -> on”
2) on the laptop: used switchresx (what a mess with csr, dammit apple…)
1) [email protected] works. I think I verified it’s truly 50Hz (ufotest), not so sure about chroma 4:4:4. Can someone link an image I am supposed to open and read what’s up?
2) [email protected] does not work, I get this: http://i.imgur.com/e1csm2P.jpg (blank screen with a 1cm tearing strip on top, and that’s it). Did anyone see anything like this?
Now, this link https://k.kramerav.com/support/bwcalculator.asp claims both [email protected]50 and [email protected] use the same amount of bandwidth (nearly 18Gbps). If that is true, that vindicates my cable, because [email protected] works. There’s no point in getting a shorter cable? Or another cable?
I also think adapter works as advertized, because [email protected] works, and the tv is recognized by macos, I can use tv’s sound output etc..
1) How do I force/check/verify 8 bit color depth in El Capitan / switchresx ? Seems it’s fixed to ‘millions of colours”.
2) Dunno what to do here, fam.. Any ideas?
PS – the tv manual says:
1) its native resolution is [email protected]
2) It mentions the clock rate to be 594 MHz, and horizontal rate to be 112.5 KHz for [email protected], and 135 KHz for [email protected]. I can’t get those figures in switchresx, figures change on their own as I move down the form..
OK, there’s a shot, maybe someone can help. Thanks!