Problem with CSV-2302

Updated on 02-05-2017 in USB Graphics
6 on 28-04-2017

Hey.

I just received my CSV2302 but I am having problem making it work. I expect something is wrong with it and wanted to hear here, before taking contact to the dealer and returning it as an RMA.

I have installed the latest Displaylink driver from Club 3Ds webpage. The installation says 8.2.1491.0. Afterwards I plug the CSV-2302 into the USB 3.0 port (without the DisplayPort cable connected) and the computer registers the device in the device manager in Windows as it is supposed to. When I connect the screen via the Displayport, the the CSV-2302 disappears from the device manager after a couple of seconds. It can be seen on the screen, that it registers something has been plugged in, but goes into power saving mode right away instead of saying no signal.

Furthermore, the CSV-2302 is generating a lot of heat. After just a couple of minutes in the USB port, I can measure surface temperatures with an IR thermometer of more than 50 degrees Celsius on both sides of the device. It is also making a buzzing/bibbing sound, as over power supplies sometimes does. This is regardless of whether the screen is plugged in or not. Because of this, I expect something to be wrong with the device or can someone confirm this is normal operation and thereafter guide me to a solution of my problem?

I have reinstalled the driver multiple times.

Setup:

Lenovo Y500 with gt650m, i5-3230m 8GB RAM

Dell U2415 screen

Windows 10 Home version 1607 build 14393.1066

Hope someone can help, or maybe confirm that something could be wrong with the CSV-2302?

Regards

Jesper

• Liked by
0 on 01-05-2017

Good day Jesper,

50 Degrees is not normal, i mean they can get warm, but not hot like that.

You could try this before claiming RMA on it.
Disconnect the CS-V2302, Un-Install all Displaylink driver software.
Reboot.
Dowload and install latest Displaylink software, here:
http://downloads.club-3d.com/SENSEVISION/CSV-2302/

Turn on screen, connect to CSV-2302, turn on system and connects CSV-2302 to system.
Windoews should see the screen(s) now.

• Liked by
Cancel
2 on 01-05-2017

Thanks, I just tried re-installing the driver again, with same result. I downloadet the displaylink SW, but what is the “actual multi monitor SW…”  for which is also on the link?

on 02-05-2017

that gives some extra setting for multi monitor purpose, can be handy when using more External USB Graphics Adapters.

on 02-05-2017

Please claim warranty from where you bought the product,  i am quite sure yours is defective. Very sorry for the inconvenience.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
1 on 01-05-2017

And what is the normal opperating temperature, ish?

on 02-05-2017

it should not get hotter than about 40 degrees celcius (45 max).

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel