Resolution issues with Club 3D DisplayPort 1.4 to HDMI 2.0b HDR

Updated on 16-10-2018 in Adapters and Cables
2 on 12-10-2018

Hi all,

I’ll start with the hardware of note:

GPU – GTX 1080
HDMI to DisplayPort adapter – Club 3D DisplayPort 1.4 to HDMI 2.0b HDR

So, fairly simply when I plug the TV directly into the GPU via HDMI I can get 4096 x 2160 at 60hz, but when I plug it in to through the DisplayPort adaptor I can only get 3840 x 2160 at 60hz. If I try to switch to 4096 x 2160 it just reverts back to 3840 x 2160 no matter what the refresh rate is.

The HDMI to DisplayPort claims to be certified for 4096 x 2160 @ 60hz.

Any help would be most appreciated!

Thanks 🙂

• Liked by
1 on 15-10-2018

Hi Benj1992x,

What TV do you have (brand/Type)

In gerenal …

• Graphics Drivers

Using the upgrade feature to update Graphics drivers can cause issues, because old files can remain in the registry of windows and can be “in the way”.

Please make a new clean driver installation to make sure that part is ok.

Please uninstall the current Graphics driver and all related Graphics software like Afterburner/GPU-Z or whatever graphics related software you might have installed.

Best way to remove Driver Software is to boot Windows in Safe mode, so the registry can also be cleaned.

If your system does not allow you to do that, you can also use a program like DDU to remove such software: http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/ 

Also, please manually delete the AMD / Nvidia Folder from your C drive.

When done, reboot and manually download and install latest available driver for your Card (don’t let any auto installer do that). Version 398 or newer.

on 16-10-2018
Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel