I tried submitting this to tech support, and the form just cleared itself when I clicked the submit button. So, part of my question is how to successfully submit a question to tech support.
Product: CAC-1070 DisplayPort-HDMI adapter
Purchase location and date: newegg.com 11/17/2016
Graphics: Intel U6300 HD Graphics 520
Graphics driver: 188.8.131.5242 (10/24/2016)
OS: Windows 10 64-bit
Monitor: 4k Samsung UN49KU6500FXZA
Problem: As of yesterday, the screen flashes between solid colors (green, orange, cyan, black, white, blue). Before that, it worked great.
- A different monitor (1080p) plugged in to this adapter and computer
- This monitor plugged directly in to HDMI on this computer (at 30 Hz)
- This whole hardware combination a couple of days ago
What I tried that did not work:
- Different refresh settings (30 Hz), different resolution (1080p)
- Powering everything off for an hour
- The other DisplayPort connector on the computer
- Plugging a different monitor in to the adapter (the other monitor works, but when I had this same problem a couple of weeks ago, plugging in a different monitor seemed to fix the 4k monitor when I went back to it)
Any ideas of what to try next would be appreciated.