SenseVision USB Typ C auf DP 1.2 + USB 3.0 + Type-C Charging Mini Dock (CSV-1537)

Updated on 26-02-2020 in Docking Station
8 on 25-02-2020

Good afternoon,

it’s about the adapter “CSV-1537”.

Is it possible to connect a monitor via HDMI and charge it via USB-c at the same time?

Amazon says that this is not possible.

Greetings

Thomas

• Liked by
1 on 26-02-2020

Hello,

do you mean the CSV-1534 

https://club-3d.com/en/detail/2386/usb_type_c_to_hdmit_2.0_usb_2.0_usb_type_c_charging_mini_dock/

“Is it possible to connect a monitor via HDMI and charge it via USB-c at the same time?”

I presume you mean charging a USB Type-C enabled notebook?

the answer is yes, however your notebook should support USB Type-C Displayport alt-mode  to put out a video signal. 

What Notebook do you use?

on 26-02-2020

Hello,

Yes, I meant number 1534. I was mistaken.

I wanted to use it with a MacBook Pro (15 inch, 2018). It works on an adapter from another manufacturer. I was talking about a recession on Amazon, which says that you can’t use it at the same time.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
1 on 26-02-2020

Hello,

Correct a macbook pro 15inch is not able to be charged with this adapter, since the adapter has a Max output of 60watts and the macbook 15inch needs 87 watts to charge.

on 26-02-2020

Danke für die Info.

Geht es, wenn man mit einem schwächere Ladegerät arbeitet?

Das PowerBook lädt zwar mit 85W, aber langsamer auch mit kleinere Ladegeräten (55W)

Geht der Adapter kaputt, wenn ein 85W Ladegerät angeschlossen wird?

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
3 on 26-02-2020

Hello,

Please contact Apple about the battery charging of the Macbook.

on 26-02-2020

Sorry I answered in German.

I know what the MacBook can do.

I wanted to know if the adapter would break if we accidentally connected an 85W battery by mistake.

on 26-02-2020

Hi,

Please let me be clear it would not break the adapter, however and I can not empathize this enough I am not able to say what it does to a battery if it is powered by a peripheral device that does not charge the battery well.

Use at your own risk or contact Apple!

on 26-02-2020

Okay, thanks!

That’s enough information for me. The Powerbook can handle varying amounts of charge.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel