USB-C to USB-C 3.2 gen2 10m/32.8ft

Updated on 08-04-2023 in Adapters and Cables
3 on 06-04-2023

Hello I would like to ask you a question. I would like to have PC in another room with just one USB-C (connected to docking station) and one HDMI cable. I need 4k120Hz monitor output, thats why I selected CAC-1376 cable which should do the trick. But I also need some ports to connect USB DAC, mouse, keyboad occasional flash drive or SD card. Thats why I need docking station but I don’t know if its possible to connect it using USB from so far. I found CAC-1536 which is 5m/16.4ft but i don’t know if I can extend that further (and by what cable). So I would like to ask you how can I connect my dock and my PC with at least 10Gbit speeds. Thank you very much for your answers.

• Liked by
1 on 07-04-2023

CAC-1589 is a 20m USB-C to USB-C cable. They also have a 5m cable. I don’t see a 10m version. The product page for the CAC-1589 is strange. It says gen 2 so you might assume it supports 10 Gbps USB but it doesn’t say 10 Gbps anywhere. It says it supports 3840×2160 60Hz but that only requires 5.4 Gbps per line but that’s only if there’s 4 DisplayPort lanes. The product page does not say if it supports 4 lanes of DisplayPort. That might be too complicated for an optical cable to support, so I guess it could be only 2 lanes of DisplayPort. 2 lanes of HBR3 (8.1 Gbps each) is enough for 4K60 8bpc. There’s a double asterisk note that says DSC 1.2 is required for some resolutions but there’s no double asterisk outside the footnotes so I don’t know what resolution it’s referring to.

For type A, there is the CAC-1538 which is a 10m USB-C to Type-A cable but it only does 5 Gbps.

The CAC-1411 is a 5m type A extension. Maybe that will work with the CAC-1536. I don’t think it’s a good idea to chain long cables together.

on 08-04-2023

Thanks for response I really appreciate it. But CAC-1589 is unidirectional only. Wouldn’t it be bad for dock? As I mentioned I need to find some way to connect it to my PC. The display part was there just to let you know that the USB-C cable doesn’t need to handle it. Mainly just mouse, keyboard, SD/flash and USB DAC. Thank you very much.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on 08-04-2023

Unidirectional just means that one end must be connected to the computer while the other end must be connected to the hub or display. Like I said before, the product page of the CAC-1589 is poorly written and lacking detail. I don’t know if it supports USB 2.0 (480 Mbps), 3.0 (5 Gbps), 3.1 gen 2 (10 Gbps) or 3.2 gen 2×2 (20 Gbps using two lines in each direction). It says it supports Video and Data so it must support DisplayPort and USB of some kind but they don’t say how many lanes of each or what link rate for each. USB is not possible unless the cable can both transmit and receive so at least that part will be bidirectional.

• Liked by
Cancel