CAC-1070 – Display intermittently going black

Updated on 02-08-2016 in Adapters and Cables
2 on 31-07-2016

I originally went to submit this via support. But there’s a back end issue causing the page to error when submitting the report. So I’m posting here.

CAC-1070:-
Revision: A1-00
Firmware:7.1E

GPU:-
AMD FURY

HDMI 2.0 CABLE:-
AMAZON BASICS

MONITOR:-
SAMSUNG 48JU6400

I’ve been through a lot of troubleshooting.

New certified 4k60hz HDMI2.0 cables, 30hz, 60hz, 2k, 4k, via display settings in the OS and in game. vsync on or off. Both monitors plugged in and with just 1 monitor plugged in.

Lesser demanding games will be less troublesome. But the more demanding will make the display go black more frequently.

I got cheesed off with it and plugged the HDMI directly into the 1.4 port of my GPU and all the issues immediately dissapeared. All of a sudden I was able to play Witcher 3 in glorious 4k resolution (but locked at 30hz) absolutely fine, no issues at all. Which has made me realise months of intermittent tweaking was in vain as it was the CAC-1070!

I have a video of the issue if you would like to see it.

Do you have a firmware revision to fix the issue? Or is my display adapter faulty?

Kind regards,
Nigel

• Liked by
0 on 31-07-2016

A wee unlisted video of the issue. I have the audio coming over the cable which is why that also cuts out.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 02-08-2016

I also have an AMAZON BASICS HDMI 2.0 18Gbps cable and I also experience the intermittent black screen at 4K/60Hz with an AMD R7 260x graphics card when I enable my TV’s UHD HDMI Color option.

I now have Club3D’s CAC-1310 Premium Certified 4K/60Hz HDMI 2.0 cable and unfortunately it has not resolved the 4K/60Hz intermittent black screen issue. It also occurs at 50Hz.

My TV is the Samsung UE40HU6900. To resolve the intermittent black screen issue, I turned off the TV’s UHD HDMI Color option. However, I have not any spent time yet to find out if image quality is reduced.

Possibly a firmware update can resolve it properly?

• Liked by
Cancel