Club 3D Radeon 7870 help needed please…

Updated on 02-02-2015 in HD 7000 Series
3 on 25-01-2015

Hi All,

Here is my little dilema…. I´ve just purchased a 2 x 55″ LCD TV´s and 3 x 42″ LCD TV´s plus a Radeon HD 7870 with Eyefinity 6 which I was under the impression would allow me to connect 6 displays at the same time. The card installs fine, is detected by Windows 7 no problem at all. I´m wanting to run the 5 LCD TV´s off it each with HDMI connections plus the VGA Monitor (my main monitor)… I have purchased 5 Mini Display Port to HDMI and 1 Mini Display Port to VGA adapters…

I connect the VGA no problem at all, and then manage to get 2 of the 55″ LCD TV´s connected as extended desktop however when I try to connect the fourth TV (one of the 42″) it seems to detect the TV but then TV has no signal on it…. I swap out one of the 55″ for the 42″ and it detects the connected devices again and I get the signal on the 42″ (so it isnt the cable)….

Is it possible that someone could provide some insight as to how I could accomplish this? I am ideally wanting a “+” layout for the monitors, my VGA being in the center of the cross and then 2 above it, 3 to the left, 4 to the right and 5 below (in the windows layout)… and I am wanting it to be an extension of the desktop with no screens repeated…

I´ve download the latest Eyefinity 6 drivers and am really struggling to configure it, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Rob

• Liked by
2 on 26-01-2015

Hi Rob,
The Eyefinity 6 configuration if you do not have DisplayPort displays you need to have active adapters.
In your case you need to have two passive adapters of any kind and 4 active adapters of any kind. 
Check the examples I made in this page

on 31-01-2015

Hi Paul,

Firstly, sorry for the delay in replying to you, I have been snowed under with work and also trying to put the solution you recommended in to place, and secondly thanks every so much for your input, I ordered the active adapters and they worked a treat, really pleased with how it turned out!

Once again thanks for your help, you´ve saved me a lot of headache!

Rob

on 02-02-2015

You are welcome Rob. I am glad that everything worked out for you.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel