CSV-1550 not recognized by laptop (windows).

Updated on 02-02-2021 in USB Type C
6 on 07-01-2021

New ASUS Ryzen™ 9 4900HSROG laptop (i.e. Windows) is not recognizing the Club 3D CSV-1550 hub.

Brand new laptop computer, brand new 32″ monitors with displayport inputs, brand new displayport cables, all drivers updated per system, all connections re-seated multiple times, Club3D hub reset multiple times.

PC gives an audio tone when I plug the hub into the laptops port but nothing else happens on the PC side. The hub input light is blinking.

Repeated attempts to have windows detect and nothing is detected.

Laptop port spec:

CPU=AMD Ryzen™ 9 4900HS Processor 3.0 GHz (8M Cache, up to 4.3 GHz)

GPU= NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 2060 with Max-Q Design 6GB GDDR6

Port= 1x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C support displayport / power delivery / G-SYNC

• Liked by
0 on 08-01-2021

More specific details to evaluate issue:

Hardware specs:
Laptop – New ROG Zephyrus G154, AMD Ryzen 7 8GB, Nvidia GeForce GTX-1650, using the one Type C (3.2) DisplayPort (1.4) provided.
Monitors – Two new Phillips 32″ model 322E1C each with One Displayport (1.2) input.
Cables – new Ixever brand DisplayPort (1.4) 8K, 60HZ, 32.4 GBit/S.
Multi Diplay Hub – Club3D model CSV-1550 (1 in x 3 out), USB Type C 3.2 Gen to Multi-Stream Transport (MST) Displayport 1.4.

Conditions:
Laptop plays tone when I connect the hub but nothing else happens. Monitors set to displayport, all cables re-seated multiple times, all drivers updated, hub reset multiple times. No error messages or icons on device manager USB listing. New hub input LED blinks.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 08-01-2021

Hi MichaellsMe,

I’m trying to understand this correctly.

You are trying to connecting a PC and a Notebook to the hub?

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 08-01-2021

I am trying to connect you hub to One (1) new laptop.

• Liked by
Cancel
2 on 08-01-2021

Here is what I have done so far with no results:

1. followed your product instructions
  2. Plugged the hub into the USB Type-C (SS/D icon) port on the laptop.
  3. Checked the new laptop manual for any bio, driver, or display limitations. I could find none.
  4. Used my new ASUS laptop app to run hardware and software error checking and issues as well as updating bios and drivers. No errors were found, all bios and drivers are up to date.
  5. Have posted to your forum, a public tech forum, a youtube video on your products, and contacted ASUS. I trade stocks and need my system up and running quick.

NEW INFORMATION: I am seeing USB 2.0 Billboard show up in the device manager listing. As best I can understand that means someone is not wanting to play nice and the standard protocal is to revert to this format. With no issues on the laptop port,  I am beginning to think the hub is the culprit. Your website support page only talks about warranty and returns. There are no driver or firmware downloads available. I read through the forum and a few people who had problems with other products had to receive firmware updates via email. I also came across another customer who had the same laptop, same hub, same issue who posted in November but the company never responded to the forum post at least.

on 13-01-2021

Looking into this will get back asap

on 02-02-2021

Baak, where are you on this?

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel