CSV 1564

Updated on 02-10-2023 in USB Type C
7 on 16-05-2021

hi i have just Got a Gigabyte  Aorus G15 yc laptop, so i thougt i would get a dock so i got the CSV 1564 ,

but the display and power to computer  does not work every thing else does usb ports and enthernet

• Liked by
0 on 17-05-2021

Are we talking about the laptop at https://www.gigabyte.com/Laptop/AORUS-15G–RTX-30-Series ?

I don’t see anywhere in the documentation that the USB-C port supports DisplayPort Alt Mode.  The USB-C port doesn’t have a DP icon. In that case, a USB-C dock’s display ports are not going to work.

I also don’t see anywhere in the documentation that the USB-C port supports Power Delivery input. In that case, you need to use the laptops’s charger.

The older Aorus 15G laptops (with RTX 20 Series) had a Thunderbolt port but I don’t know if it supported any displays from the port.

If you want a USB-C port that works properly, then consider laptops that advertise Thunderbolt 4. Intel’s minimum specs for Thunderbolt 4 won’t allow manufacturers to skimp out on features (such as not supporting two displays or full PCIe bandwidth or power delivery).

• Liked by
Cancel
1 on 17-05-2021

Hi Joevt

thanks for the fast reply , yes that is the laptop seems i was too quick in my purchase of the docking station, so i have a exspenvie USB hub LOL nah on the serioue side at least the internet and speaker work , is there any other solution you could suggest, please or is it just a no go with the display.

Thanks

on 18-05-2021

Hi Kev,

I would suggest the CSV-1460. It has a DisplayLink chipset and a USB-C connection to your Laptop.

https://www.club-3d.com/en/detail/2426/usb_3.2_gen_1_dual_display_4k60hz_docking_station/

With this docking station you don’t need the DisplayPort Alt Mode, please do note that your Notebook will not be charged trough it either. But it wil allow 2x 4K60Hz screens via DisplayPort

The above is an assumption as I don’t know what display with what connection you are trying to connect.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on 18-05-2021

For the display, you’ll need to connect it directly to the laptop’s Mini DisplayPort port. DisplayPort (or Mini DisplayPort) is preferable to HDMI because it has more bandwidth.

There are some adapters that can convert HDMI 2.0 or 4 lanes of DisplayPort, plus USB 2.0 to USB-C, but I believe the CSV-1564 requires two lanes of DisplayPort and USB 3.x.

There are chipsets that will do the job (4 or 2 lanes of DisplayPort + USB 2.0 or USB 3.x) but no-one has made an adapter for it. The Sunix UPD2018 is close, but the USB source is a PCIe USB controller – your laptop has no external PCIe connectors. It has internal PCIe connectors (Wifi or NVMe) but connecting them to an external PCIe device is clunky. Other PCIe cards that do a similar job as the Sunix are Thunderbolt 3/4 add-in cards such as the GC-ALPINE RIDGE, GC-TITAN RIDGE, and ThunderboltEX 4 (they have a USB controller and a Thunderbolt or USB4 controller).

There’s this thing which does everything we want but it doesn’t exist: https://www.bizlinktech.com/products/detail/1332/VirtualLink™+Interface+Adapter

• Liked by
Cancel
1 on 19-05-2021

Hi  thanks for your help i got the CSV 1460 and it works  great  thank you again

on 20-05-2021

Hi Kev,

You are welcome! Happy to help.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel