CSV-5300A: can’t connect 3 displays, one always stays inactive

Updated on 23-08-2019 in MST Hub
15 on 12-08-2019

I use an Intel HD630 chipset with the latest drivers installed. Compared to the drivers before, at least now the system recognizes all 3 displays. However, one is always inactive. I tried activating it via the Intel software by selecting “activate”. No effect. The displays are iiyama B2483HS, two of them are connected to the CSV-5300A via DP, the third via a DP to HDMI cable (using the HDMI in on the display, said display does not have a DP in, the other two do). Any suggestions? Can it be an issue to connect the third display via the DP to HDMI cable?

• Liked by
0 on 12-08-2019

Addition: The CSV-5300A seems to work just fine when not booted into Windows. During checking the BIOS, all three displays work. The same during booting. The Windows logo is shown on all three displays (Windows 10 Pro). As soon as booting is complete, oneĀ  display goes to black and that’s it. I can deactivate one of the active displays and thereafter activate the one that was inactive before. It works fine. But I don’t get all three of them to work once booting of Windows is completed. The activation and deactivation seems to be unspecific with respect to the connection cables (DP-DP or DP-HDMI).

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 12-08-2019

Hi,

What resolutions do you use the screens in ? according to intel, the HDMI only does 4k@30hz have you tried adjusting the output. there is a possibility you are running out of bandwith.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 12-08-2019

I use all three screens in 1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz. I reckon that should not be a problem?!

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 13-08-2019

Hi,

would you be so kind to specify the brand of your computer, that will make it easier for me to pinpoint where any possible problem would occure?

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 13-08-2019

Hi,

sure, it is a Shuttle XH110 (http://www.shuttle.eu/products/slim/xh110/) with an Intel Core i5-7400 and an Intel HD Graphics 630 graphics unit. The latter has the latest driver installted (Version 26.20.100.7000 of 06/27/2019).

In the meantime I tried chaning the output with respect to both resolution and refresh rate just for the sake of completeness. Did not help unfortunately.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 13-08-2019

hi

an additional question what kind of DP>HDMI cable are you using. the CSV-5300A is an active adapter thus the DP >HDMI cable should be passive.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 13-08-2019

It seems pretty much like a standard cable. The manufacturer is delock. It is not hooked up to anything but the adapter on one end and the display on the other.

I am not sure if the cable can be blaimed. It delivers the data nicely to the display and the display works just fine whilst being connected to the CSV 5300A adapter via said cable. It’s just that I do not manage to get all three displays to work at the same time. I have no problem running two of them in any constellation (1+2, 1+3, 2+3).

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 15-08-2019
The displays are iiyama B2483HS, two of them are connected to the CSV-5300A via DP, the third via a DP to HDMI cable (using the HDMI in on the display, said display does not have a DP in, the other two doFrom MaxInGt

Hi,

would the third screen conection be a diffrent screen then the iiyama B2483HS?

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 15-08-2019

Hi Clubbie,

the thing is that all three monitors are iiyama B2483HS. The one that I connect via the DP-HDMI cable to the adapter, however, is an older revision of the model. It does not have a DP port but only DVI and HDMI ports. The other two monitors are newer revisions. iiyama added DP ports along the way such that I can connect them via DP-DP cables to the adapter. Do you think that this might be a problem? I thought so at first but since the “old” monitor works fine together with one of the “new” monitors, both being connected to the adapter, I ruled it out as a possible source of the issue.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 15-08-2019

I tried to evaluate if the configuration of the graphics chipset or the mainboard could be a problem. But since the adapter is active, I do not know if that is possible. Still, it seems strange that both Windows and the Intel “graphics control room” recognize all three monitors but are not able to activate them all. Upon activating the third monitor (it does not matter which one) in the Windows display configuration, Windows automatically kills off one of the active monitors. When trying the same in the Intel software, nothing happens. Clicking on “activate” regarding the third monitor does not have any effect.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 15-08-2019

Btw: It seems even more strange that all three monitors work perfectly until Windows is booted. As said above, when accessing the UEFI for example, all three monitors work simultaneously. There must be some software issue with Windows I suppose. But it puzzles me why this problem seems to be isolated to my configuration and nobody else has such problems. Neither my Windows version nor my hardware seems to be unique in any way.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 15-08-2019

Hi

according to your explination and having eliminated all the possible options it does sound like a windows software issue. Are u able to test the same setup on a diffrent windows system?

the setup has been tested with monitors that have the same conditions as yours (limited to Full hd monitors 1920*1080 at 60hz) works like a charm.

has it ever worked under any driver?

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 16-08-2019

No, it has not. And unfotunately, I do not have another system available which has a displayport out. I have to return the adapter I’m afraid. Maybe a different solution comes up over time. Still, thank you very much for your help!

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 22-08-2019

Hi,

i took another look at your monitors being used they are able to go up to 75hz.

could you go into the display settings of windows to make sure al screens are in 1920×1080 @60hzĀ  ?

Thanks

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 23-08-2019

Hi,
there were definitely @60Hz. I am not even able to run them @75Hz since I am not given the option.

• Liked by
Cancel