CVS-5200 blank display

Updated on 29-09-2015 in MST Hub
10 on 15-09-2015
I have two DVI displays attached to the CVS-5200 through adapters, powered by a Surface Pro 3.  One monitor works as expected but the other has a blank display.  The monitor is identified by Windows but nothing is shown.  The screen stays powered as though it was receiving a signal.
Disconnecting the MST hub and running the second display directly to the Surface works as expected.

• Liked by
0 on 16-09-2015

Bump

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 16-09-2015

Hi Ryan,
Which OS are you running on WIN10 ?

• Liked by
Cancel
1 on 16-09-2015

Yes, Windows 10.

on 16-09-2015

What brand and type of screens and what cables you use to connect from hub to the screens

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on 16-09-2015
The monitor with issues is an Acer V213H.  It’s connected via a DVI-D cable with a DVI-D female to DisplayPort male adapter.  I’ve swapped cables and adapters with known good versions.
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on 23-09-2015

There’s is no way you can activate the second display in in that Intel Graphics Driver ?
Sometimes they are by default on “inactive”.
Which Intel Graphics driver version do you have installed ?

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 23-09-2015

The display is active in the control panel.  The monitor doesn’t go into sleep state so it seems like it’s receiving a signal.

Driver version is 10.18.15.4256.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 24-09-2015

From a Microsoft Forum Moderator:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the driver in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows+ X and select Device Manager, and press Enter.

2. Find and double-click the category of device whose driver you wish to uninstall (for example, the graphics card would be listed under Display Adapters).

3. Right-click the device, and click Uninstall.

4. Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click OK to remove the driver.

5. After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.

Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

1. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
  2. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box “Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select Windows 8.1 operating system from the drop down.
  3. Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Please reply with status of the issue

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 25-09-2015

I don’t think the Surface Pro 3 has an display driver setup file.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 29-09-2015

i dont have a Surface Pro 3 here, but i will try to duplicate with a Surface Pro 2

• Liked by
Cancel