Displayport 1.2 to HDMI 2.0 CAC-1070 only shows 30hz but hdmi shows 60hz

Updated on 08-06-2016 in Adapters and Cables
4 on 21-05-2016

So I am using a Sony 43x830c TV as a monitor, this tv supports 4k @ 60hz 4:4:4. I have a GTX760 that when hooked up straight from HDMI shows 4k and gives the option of 60hz but it doesn’t seem right, and that shouldn’t even be possible with a GTX760 as it doesn’t have HDMI 2.0.

So I bought this adapter hoping to resolve the part that didn’t seem right, like my mouse flickering, going slow, input lag etc. But when using this adapter, the only option I get at 3840×2160 is 30hz.

This tv got a rating of 10 from rtings.com http://ca.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sony/x830c

Anyone have any ideas? I am also using a high speed hdmi cable.

• Liked by
0 on 22-05-2016

Read the forums and recent reviews for this item. The company has jumped ship.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 23-05-2016

Returning it…

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 24-05-2016

I have the same TV, been trying to get mine to work at 4k@60hz 4:4:4 with no such luck…

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 08-06-2016

Hi All,

Please check this … For some Sony TV you need to do some settings in the TV liek this:

For Sony TV you often need to enable “Enhanced Mode” in the settings of the TV and please also check you are using the correct HDMI input.

Use either ‘Game’ or ‘Graphics’ mode, and then go to ‘Settings -> ‘External Inputs’ -> ‘HDMI Signal Format’ and choose ‘Enhanced.’

Checklist:

* Make sure the HDMI cable you are using can do HDMI2.0 or 18Gbps.

I know it sounds a bit “easy” but many cables do state to support 4K but actually do not support that in 60Hz and/or the full bandwidth, that certainly goes for cables longer than 3 meters. It is always best to go for a certified cable, something like this http://www.club-3d.com/index.php/products/reader.en/product/hdmi-20-high-speed-4k60hz-uhd-cable-.html

* On many TV’s you need to turn on “UHD Color” or “Advanced or Enhanced” setting manually in the settings of your TV for the HDMI port to which your pc is connected.

* Also it could help when connecting 2 screens, to set the screen connected thru the Adapter as second/secondary screen

* I advise you to make a custom resolution, set resolution to 3840×2160 at 60Hz and set Timing standard to CVT-RB (reduced blanking)

* Color Depth need to be set to 8 bpc (when running 4:4:4).

• Liked by
Cancel