Problems with DisplayPort to DVI-D (CAC-1010) for QNIX QX2710

Updated on 19-02-2021 in Adapters and Cables
9 on 23-01-2021

Hi!

I have a QNIX QX2710 monitor capable of running at 100Hz@2560×1440, DVI-D only. Since I’m thinking of upgrading my GPU to one without DVI-D output, and people seem to have success with the CAC-1010 on this monitor I decided to give it a go;

I have two big problems;
* I get a lot of noise in the image. Like dead pixels turning on/off in random places.
* The monitor seems to lose connection with the GPU, sometimes a few minutes between, sometimes seconds. The connection re-establishes but then it disconnects again.

The problems are there during boot aswell as in Windows and Linux. I’ve tried different refresh rates, from 60->96Hz but the problems are the same.

The DVI-D cable works when i use it with my current GPU:s DVI output.

I see that my GPU has a DisplayPort 1.4 while the product page lists 1.2a. Could that be a problem?

Anyone have any suggestions?

Friendly regards

Magnus

• Liked by
0 on 24-01-2021

Small update;
Made a firmware update on my gtx 1060
Tried all my usb ports as well as two usb powerplugs
No dice 🙁

The only thing I can think of to try is another dvi-d cable, but the one I have (shipped with the monitor) works fine over dvi.

Any ideas?

• Liked by
Cancel
7 on 25-01-2021

Hi Halsfluss,

Have you tried the CAC-1010 on the old GPU? There s a possibility you got a faulty cable shipped.

on 25-01-2021

Hi Baak,

I’ve only got my old GPU at the moment (GTX 1060) and it has a DVI-out, HDMI and DP. I wanted to make sure the club3d adapter works with my monitor before I buy a new GPU 🙂

Will try to get a new DVI-D cable today to eliminate that point.

Regards

on 25-01-2021

Ah I see, I thought your GTX1060 was your new card :). Yes try the new DVI-D Cable.

But I have also heard more people having issues with the QNIX displays, something about not getting screens with using any kind of adapter. Where the screen only allows native DVI input. Do you know if your screen support HDCP?

(Also Dp1.4 is downwards compatible to DP1.2 so this is no issue.)

on 25-01-2021

Hi,

Thanks for your replies 🙂

I’m not sure about HDCP since I can’t find my manual. It seems, according to some pages found when googling, that it supports HDCP, eg
https://www.displaydb.com/monitor/qnix-qx2710-led-evolution-ii
“Cool Features Low Blue Light
Flicker-free technology
HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection)”

Regards
Magnus

on 25-01-2021

No problem.

Ok HDCP is supported meaning we don’t have to change the firmware on the adapter.

Try the new cable, does the issue persist? RMA the adapter request a new one. Still the same problem? Than it is the issue with the display where it doesn’t allow non-native input.

Is there anyway you could try/test the DP port on your GFX by any chance? Is the port clean? Assuming you never actually used it, dust and all that fun stuff :).

on 25-01-2021

Hi,

I don’t have access to hardware to try out the displayport further (at the moment at least). You’re correct the port has never been used before. I’ve used compressed air to blow out hopefully most of the dust.

Hopefully I’ll get the new DVI cable tonight so I can try that out.

(I noticed that Windows still sees the monitor as a DUAL-DVI monitor. Wouldn’t the computer believe it’s a DP one, since the adapter sits inbetween?)

Regards

Magnus

on 25-01-2021

Now I’ve tried a brand new dual link dvi-d cable, but it made no difference 🙁

on 19-02-2021

Just a small update:

I got the same adapter with HDCP disabled and it has worked great for the last two weeks with my Qnix qx2710.

Thanks for all help
//Magnus

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel