Qnix 2710 and CAC-1010: HDCP On or Off?

Updated on 13-01-2023 in Adapters and Cables
7 on 28-08-2021

I currently have a Qnix 2710 (the version with just DVI input) and am looking to upgrade my GPU, so will no longer have access to a dvi output.

I understand that the CAC-1010 will work for this setup, but I’m confused about whether or not I should be getting the HDCP On or HDCP Off version.

If anyone can offer some input on the matter I would greatly appreciate it!

• Liked by
0 on 28-08-2021

Ok, so I actually had already purchased the hdcp on version, but was afraid to unbox it in case I needed to return it.

I dug around a bit more and it seems like I purchased the right one so I installed it.

However, my screen turns into static snow anytime I go to a site like netflix so there’s still an hdcp problem.

I downloaded the VmmDPTool to confirm if it was HDCP On, which it is.

I have firmware version 2.33.102 which only checks up to HDCP 1.4.

I’m assuming I need a firmware update to HDCP 2.3 to make this work successfully?

• Liked by
Cancel
3 on 02-09-2021

HI Framedragged,

Please contact [email protected] They will help you with the firmware issue.

on 02-09-2021

I did and they’ve already taken care of my issue 🙂

on 02-09-2021

Perfect!

on 02-09-2021

Can you describe the solution? Which firmware version worked for you?

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on 12-01-2023

I am having the same issue. I just emailed [email protected] for assistance as I can’t find my original email to them. Also posted my own message on this forum. Will follow up if it gets resolved.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 13-01-2023

Support sent me the “HDCP_OFF_Hardware_3_firmware_Ver_1.eeprom” firmware with a firmware updater program the next day. I applied it, and it fixed my issue on the first try.

• Liked by
Cancel