Radeon HD 7870 Eyefinity 6 + Dell U2410 DP

Updated on 02-06-2015 in HD 7000 Series
1 on 02-06-2015

Hi

I have 2 Dell U2410 monitors and I have tried connecting either one as the sole primary monitor on Windows 8.1 via a mini DisplayPort to Full DisplayPort cable. Unfortunately the screen is blank and I cannot see any “display”.

My motherboard is a Gigabyte Z97-D3H. It has VGA, DVI & HDMI on board and I can use all three of them with or without the 7870 Eyefinity 6. Monitors at my disposal are:
3 x Dell 2407WFP,
2 x Dell U2410,
1 x Dell E248WFP,
1 x Dell P2312H,
Various smaller 10 year old dell monitors.

I have tried connecting multiple monitors via (standard mini DP to DVI) adapters and all these other monitors are working and displaying perfectly fine from all ports on the 7870 graphics card (on DVI connections on the monitors). I don’t have an active adapter yet – coming tomorrow – so I have only tried the following:

1) Just one mini DP to DP with either Dell U2410 – blank screen – and goes into power save mode. During boot the monitor come out of and goes into power save but still nothing showing on the screen. I have tried all 6 of the mini DP ports on the back of the Graphics Card.
2) The above + 1 or 2 mini DP to DVI (non active adapter). Windows 8.1 shows all screens as active and I can move my mouse / applications from one screen to the other (and leave them there) but the U2410 on DP is not showing anything and goes into power save mode.
3) Various combinations with on board graphics ports (I have VGA, DVI & HDMI and I can use them all) and the 7870 Eyefinity 6. I can get up to 5 monitors working with the 3 on board and 2 mini DP to DVI adapters. It even shows 6 working with the U2410 connected on DP, but again the U2410 is blank and goes straight into power save.

Please note that both the U2410 monitors work on DVI (and on VGA from my on board), etc.

Am I doing something wrong? Do I have to somehow disable my on board graphics? How can I get the Radeon HD 7870 Eyefinity 6 to show something on my U2410 via DP?

• Liked by
0 on 02-06-2015

Hi,
We do not recommend to run both Intel graphics and the AMD Catalyst control center. I will suggest to disable the onboard graphics under the mainboard BIOS and deinstall the intel graphics drivers.
As a matter of precaution, I will suggest to also deinstall the AMD Catalyst driver and reinstall them again. You can use this utility (DDU) once is done to completely remove the drivers and do it in safe mode.
Eyefinity 6 cards can run only two passive adapters and the rest must be active adapters unless you have displayport monitors. Make sure you always reset the display in case you have any issues.

• Liked by
Cancel