Samsung TV with 2013 Mac Pro

Updated on 07-09-2023 in Adapters and Cables
2 on 18-08-2021

Hi, I have a 2013 model Mac Pro with dual D300 graphics. I am trying to connect two AOC 1080p monitors (which have HDMI connections) and a Samsung UN55KU6300  4K (HDMI 2.0a).

I bought the Club3D Mini DisplayPort 1.2 to HDMI 2.0 adapter and it does not work at all with the TV. I tried this with no monitors connected to the computer, just the TV. Also tried it with both monitors connected, and tried different ports, with the same result, nothing shows on the TV.

I can, however,  plug the TV in directly to the single HDMI connection on the Mac and it works but I assume that’s running @30Hz, due to HDMI 1.4 restrictions on the Mac.

The Club3D adapter works fine with either of my AOC monitors, so I’m not sure why the TV doesn’t. There are basically no relevant settings on the TV that I can find. The Mac was rebooted each time something was connected, just to be sure.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

• Liked by
0 on 19-08-2021

Does the AGDCDiagnose command show information from the AMDD300? AMD D300 is old so it might not.

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/MacOS/AGDCDiagnose -a > AGDCDiagnose_a.txt 2>&1

Run the command for each situation. Give each file a different name describing the situation. use the Finder to compress/zip the results and post somewhere.

Situations:
1) Connect the TV to the HDMI port.
2) Connect the TV to the adapter.
3) Connect an AOC monitor to the adapter.

Some of these situations can be done at the same time (#1 and #3).

Use SwitchResX to try different modes on the TV. Try 3840×2160 30Hz to start with.

• Liked by
Cancel