USB3.2 Type-C to Dual Link DVI-D HDCP OFF video static problems

Updated on 12-07-2022 in USB Type C
9 on 07-04-2022

Going from a new MacBook Pro M1Max to a 2007 Apple Cinema Display 30″ with USB3.2 Type-C to Dual Link DVI-D HDCP OFF.  It works pretty well but in areas of the screen that are supposed to be black, there frequently are light flecks of static. It’s especially noticeable in Final Cut Pro X.  On my other 4K non Apple monitor (HDMI) there is no such static on the same program when I move it over to that monitor.  I have tried connecting through several different USB ports including a Sonnettech Thunderbolt 4 dock.  Any ideas?

• Liked by
2 on 08-04-2022

Could you reach out to [email protected] with this issue?

on 13-05-2022

Their reply was:
“Unfortunately this seems to be a compatibility issue with certain setups on certain Apple Cinema Displays and some older Dell displays. We have no solution to this.”

on 11-07-2022

Do you convert the USB-A coming from the Apple Cinema Display to USB-C?

By not doing this I heard this might solve the issue with the light flecks of static.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
4 on 02-05-2022

I am currently having the same issue. I have been using the adapter with my 30″ for about a week now. 

on 13-05-2022

Please reach out to [email protected] as well.

on 13-05-2022

I contacted support and they said certain setups are not compatible. They offered no solution.

on 13-05-2022

Yep I received the same reply; very disappointing. It’s really bizarre as it doesn’t always happen there seems to be no rhyme or reason. Sometimes it happens when the display first turns on, sometimes it doesn’t happen until the monitor warms up after 10-15 minutes. I tried wrapping it in foil to see if it made a difference in terms of interference; that did have a small effect. So I’m not sure if it’s a shielding issue, if it’s improperly soldered at the factory, or just a bad unit. The company should at least offer an exchange. Even if it’s just through Amazon, say that don’t leave your customers hanging.

on 11-07-2022

Do you convert the USB-A coming from the Apple Cinema Display to USB-C?

By not doing this I heard this might solve the issue with the light flecks of static.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on 12-07-2022
  • Liked by
Cancel