• All
  • Members Lounge
  • USB Type C
  • Docking Station
  • MST Hub
  • USB Graphics
  • Adapters and Cables
    • DisplayPort 1.4 to 4K120Hz HDMI Adapter
  • Graphics cards
    • R9 Series
      • R9 Fury Series
      • R9 390 Series
      • R9 380 Series
      • R9 290 Series
      • R9 280 Series
      • R9 270 Series
    • R7 Series
      • R7 300 Series
      • R7 260 Series
    • R5 Series
    • Others
    • HD 7000 Series
  • Technology
  • Market Place
    • Hot Deals
    • For Sale or Trade
  • Warranty questions
  • Never Settle Campaign
  • News

Club 3D Insights

  • Unfollow
  • Follow
  • Profile
  • Logout

CSV-1534 USB -C 3.1 to HDMI 2.0 Mini Dock Not Working with Power or Connection Procedure

Updated on 16-01-2017 in Adapters and Cables.
  • Close
  • Delete
9 0 on 14-12-2016
4k4sure

Recently purchased the CSV-1534 Mini Dock. I can get 3840×2160 @ 60Hz but there is some strange behaviors going on with cables.

2016 Macbook Pro w/ Touch running 10.12.1
HDMI connected TV will not show any source unless order of cables being plugged in is as follows.

  • Plug Dock into computer (no cables plugged into dock)
  • Plug HDMI Cable into Dock
  • Plug USB-C Power Cable into dock

I can not find any documentation on this procedure being required.

Maybe unrelated…
After updating my operating system to 10.12.2 I can not get power through my Dock. If you plug in power USB-C Cable into Dock then Source on TV goes empty & power will not be delivered to Laptop.

Insert Image Size must be less than < 5MB.
Save Cancel
Reply
0 0 on 16-12-2016
MST1407

Hi 4k4sure,

It sounds like the system is not recongising the CSV-1534.
Please try to connect the CSV-1534 plus monitor and turn monitor on. Then first reboot the MAC. It should recognize everything then …

Insert Image Size must be less than < 5MB.
Save Cancel
Show more replies
Reply
Reply Cancel
4 0 on 16-12-2016
4k4sure

I did what you said with varying results, whenever I plug in power it shuts off the monitor connection.

Insert Image Size must be less than < 5MB.
Save Cancel
Show more replies
0
Woiz

I just wanted to add, that I am experiencing the same issue here. It worked fine before updating to Mac OS 10.12.2. I tried installing the pixelclock patch to see if this changed anything, but had no luck. 

I was getting 4k@60hz in clamshell mode before, now when I use the Adapter without the power cable plugged in, I only get 4k@30 hz, even with pixelclock patched and SwitchresX. 

Have you found any solution yet?

0
Woiz

I got it working now. Here’s what I did, although I don’t know what really solved the problem:

I restartet the machine with the adapter and Screen plugged in, but without the power-supply. After that I got 4k@60hz from my Monitor again, but the problem with the power supply persisted.
After having worked for some time like this, I went outside and let the macbook go into sleep-mode, and I turned of my external screen, also I plugged the power in to charge the macbook. When I got back, I woke the macbook from sleep without turning the external screen back on and realized, that it did detect my external screen, since I didn’t get any users to choose from at the login screen (I’m not syncing my screens). I turned my external screen on and everything worked like a charm. 

Maybe you can try playing with the power on your monitor.

0
andreleite

I have the same problem with my macbook early 2016.

None of the suggestions solve the problem 🙁

0
Woiz

Hi andreleite.

The problem hasn’t been solved entirely for me either. Here’s how I manage to get it working with power supply. 

Plug in everything and leave your macbook running. Let it go into sleep on it’s own. Wait for some time (I don’t know how long exactly, I reckon it needs to go into “deep sleep”) and then wake up your macbook. This usually makes it work.

I opened a ticket with support a while back but did not get any response yet. Maybe you can do the same thing and whatever works, lands here?

Reply
Reply Cancel
2 0 on 16-01-2017
4k4sure

Since the original posting of this issue, my problem with the Club-3D CSV-1534 adapter has stabilized.

Currently I can get the desired pixel output and frequency but nothing works if I plug in power to the adapter.

I learned in an email response that this is a known issue with macOS 10.12.2 and MacBook Pro 2016. Club 3D is working on a firmware update that I hope comes soon.

At this point I recommend the HDMI only adapter.

Insert Image Size must be less than < 5MB.
Save Cancel
Show more replies
0
MST1407

i am pushing R&D on daily basis and will keep it up until we can solve this …
Thanks for your patience

0
4k4sure

Thanks you MST1407

Reply
Reply Cancel
Login to Reply
Insert Image Size must be less than < 5MB.
Reply Cancel
  • All Posts
  • Following Posts
  • Blog
Copyright 2026 Club 3D B.V.