CAC-1130 adapter + 30″ ACD +macmini + imac + macbook pro + macbook air

Updated on 29-04-2020 in Adapters and Cables
7 on 24-04-2020

Recently my PSU of my Mac Pro died and in the meanwhile i decided to use my Mac mini (2011) with the 30 ACD, so i bought the adapter. Everything gone fine. Maximum resolution, the adapter connected  to thunderbolt and the USB to a wall adapter. Really smooth!

As i had to work on a project i tried to connect the 30 ACD to my Imac (2014). no way! the image comes and go and although the iMac knows a cinema display is there, cannot drive it. i tried any combination, both thunderbolts on my iMac, all usb ports, but nothing, the cinema display stays on but no image (as it receives a signal but not enough to wake it up). Wakes up only if i change the resolution but just for 5″. 

So i tried the same on my macbook pro 13 retina (2013) and we have the same problem as the iMac. in between the mac mini had no problem and it was functioning with max resolution.

I thought i would tried the original apple thunderbolt-dvi (single) adapter to the iMac, and the 30″ was there but the max resolution was 1280x. The CAC-1130 without the usb power couldn’t drive the 30″ ACD in lower resolutions with any of the 3 post 2011 devices, just a black screen.

Finally i got from a friend a macbook air (2015) and guess what? same problem. the screen was on but no image and disconnecting the usb the ACD were going off.

so, what’s happening here¿? same ports the 4 devices (TB2), same adapter, same display, same OS. The only change I can see is the date of the devices. So my question is: is that an Apple certified adapter for devices after 2011-2012 or Apple devices recognize that the adapter is not and so the signal is not passing?¿ if its not why i can see a disclaimer ? 

i need a solution!! 

regards

• Liked by
0 on 28-04-2020

Hello Argos,

This adapter does not support HDCP for certain mac solutions HDCP is activated from source. To avoid these issues please disable HDCP support on the graphic chip/card.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 28-04-2020

hello, and how can we disable that? i think its impossible. 

so the question is : is there any disclaimer in the technical specifications of the device? i saw nothing in the web nor the box

• Liked by
Cancel
1 on 28-04-2020

hello, and how can we disable that? i think its impossible. 

so the question is : is there any disclaimer in the technical specifications of the device? i saw nothing in the web nor the box

on 28-04-2020

Hi,

for more in depth information would you contact [email protected]

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
1 on 28-04-2020

hi i already send an email with videos and pics to that email address and i am waiting for them to contact me. 

regards

on 29-04-2020

Hi,

I looked it up the Apple cinema 30″ inch does not support HDCP. however club3d should be able to provide you with firmware that disables the HDCP on the CAC-1310.

however that would be permanent, ones turned of your not able to activate it again.

you should resend your email if they have not get back to you, uselessly they respond within 2 days.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on 29-04-2020

ok thanks!

i just send an email. it doesn´t matter if its permanently!

regards

• Liked by
Cancel