Issues with the Royalking R9 280

Updated on 02-03-2015 in R9 280 Series

So I have a Club3D RoyalKING Radeon R9 280 and I tried to connect my TV with 1 HDMI input to my GPU by using a passive Mini-Displayport to HDMI Adapter see details below

Now when I connect it, both Mini-Displayports won’t give me any image on the TV everything is connected correctly. http://www.alternate.co.uk/goobay/Mini-DP-HDMI-Adaptor/html/product/151275?event=search

Connecting this thing doesn’t output anything and it’s brand new. Any fixes for this? Thanks!

• Liked by
0 on 28-02-2015

Do you have more monitors connected to the graphics card? Why don’t you connect the native hdmi port to the TV?
If you are using more than two displays note that you might have to use an active adapter on the mini display port

• Liked by
Cancel

None of my monitors have native HDMI ports, my first and primary uses a DVI-D to HDMI and my other DVI-I to DVI I

on 02-03-2015

Hi,
I am not sure if i understand your answer correctly. You state that you do not have any HDMI displays but you are converting the signal to HDMI, can you clarify this?

Well I figured out the problem, I apparently can’t use the DVI port on my card when using the HDMI and Mini-Display Port, one of my monitors uses the DVI port and once I disconnect it, the TV gives a clean signal and display, when I plug it back in, it kicks out the TV so I will get a Mini-Display Port to DVI-D to connect my second monitor so I can connect all 3 without a problem and leave the DVI port on the card empty.

on 02-03-2015

Ok, I am glad that you resolved the issue.
Greetings

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel

I tried HDMI to HDMI directly too, didn;t give a signal HOWEVER WIndows did recognize the device and installed it as General PnP Monitor

• Liked by
Cancel