HDMI 2.0 to DisplayPort 1.2 ?

Updated on 23-04-2021 in Adapters and Cables
5 on 02-02-2018

For those will a Dell P2415Q and P2715Q monitors..you don’t need a convertor! Dell for some reason locked the monitor at HDMI 1.4. You can disable this. Follow this link. IT WORKS! My PS4 Pro and monitor are now 4K after a year of waiting. If I knew this earlier…sigh.

http://www.dell.com/support/article/sg/en/sgdhs1/sln306595/setting-up-p2415q-p2715q-monitors-with-hdmi-20-support-4k-x-2k-60hz?lang=en

on 02-02-2018

this is amazing, I wish Benq BL3201 had the same feature 🙁

on 03-02-2018
IT WORKS! My PS4 Pro and monitor are now 4K after a year of waiting. If I knew this earlier…sigh.
From dirty8super

IT WORKS! [2]

Thanks!!! 

on 03-02-2018

My P2715Q has 4K 60Hz enabled by default on HDMI. I tried this on my P2415Q which had only 4K 30Hz enabled on HDMI. It worked after a couple tries (4K 60Hz over HDMI). The thing that was weird is that the Enable and Disable option didn’t redraw when I pressed up or down but you can see the selection has changed when you go into the option again. The cable needs to be unplugged on the PC side, you can leave it plugged in on the monitor side.

on 03-02-2018

is there a simillar solution for the asus rog pg27aq?

on 21-02-2018

The method provided above works for my Dell P2715Q as well. Thank You very much for the tip! I also wish I would have known this information earlier, but better late than never.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on 03-02-2018

My P2715Q

januar 2016 it works 4k60 
thank you  
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on 03-02-2018

My P2715Q

januar 2016 it works 4k60 
thank you  
  • Liked by
Cancel
11 on 07-02-2018

I talked to GaminTechLTD and they sent that to me this.

https://gamintechshop.weebly.com/store/p11/New_-_HDMI_2.0_to_DisplayPort_1.4_Adapter.html

The converter is explained on our website. It allows for a Displayport monitor to display 4K HDR content at 60hz from a device that is capable of up to HDMI 2.0 content. This means that devices such as the Sony PS4 Pro and Microsoft Xbox One X can display 4K HDR content at 60hz to your DisplayPort enabled monitor with the help of our adapter

on 07-02-2018

They changed it. The one I got is a simple dp and hdmi adapter with a usb port.

on 07-02-2018

I hope they changed it, because the device they pictured is this:
https://www.c2g.com/uk/product/80928/displayport-to-hdmi-vga-or-dvi-adapter-converter#support
which is a DisplayPort to HDMI 1.4, VGA, DVI adapter.

I would like to see a url to their webpage that explains their converter.

on 07-02-2018

Yeah that’s not even what I received got a standard converter it’s not even a box. Don’t get me wrong though, it works as advertised so i guess someone in their company is retarded or who knows they work with C2G which is retarded in itself.

on 09-02-2018

I emailed their support asking for a spec sheet. They didn’t give me one, but they did give me a bit more information about the product.

“Hello,

Our HDMI 2.0 to DP 1.4 Adapter will cease to be manufactured in April 2018. We won’t be supporting it anymore. However, you could still order from the batch that’s left. The adapter lets you use an HDMI 2.0 device such as a game console on a monitor which is only capable of a DisplayPort connection. It supports resolutions up to 4960×2160 at 60hz 4:4:4 with HDR support as well. HDCP is also not an issue which you would tend to see on other adapters which can only exceed up to the 1920×1200 resolution.

Thanks,
Mathew Grey at gamintechsales”

Seems pretty fishy, especially seeing as how people here have been stating that gamin has/will discontinue the product for a while now, and then they go and “update” it to dp1.4 and then straight away claim it will be discontinued once again.

However If someone wants to risk it and provide proof, I hope we’re all proven wrong!

on 09-02-2018

Yeah i have an older model then its not a box its a simply adapter l im gonna make a video soon i ask them things and i feel like they beat around the bush at times i asked about the update to the adapter and they said it is simply a typo wtf

on 09-02-2018

Wow my adapter just stopped working

on 09-02-2018

lol nvm usb plug was out damn i got kind of frightened thinking the quality was shit on these had a mini heart attack for a second

on 19-02-2018

I dont believe the crap gamingtechsales

on 19-02-2018

You may not believe it but I do. I got my adapter so you really cant say they’re “crap” I think they’re strange people when it comes to business but they’re not full of shit at least in MY experience.

on 19-02-2018

Picture, please.

on 22-02-2018

So noone tested the “new” 1.4 ? I recall someone saying that dp 1.4 uses four lanes for delivering 4k 60hz, while 1.2 uses two lanes at max frequency in order to do that. Do you think I am right?

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
16 on 18-02-2018

I’m also looking for a HDMI 2.0 to DisplayPort 1.2 adapter, and found this after a lot of Googling:
http://www.partilink.com/product-info.php?id=94

I contacted Partilink and they confirmed the product will be available in March, and will be priced $200.

on 18-02-2018

$50 more than gamintech’s offering but it’s an easier way to pay. Nice not too long until we have a big company offering one.

on 18-02-2018

They have support for DP 1.2 but gamintech has support for 1.4 on my adapter so is that a downgrade for Partilink could someone check since gamintech isnt responding to this question of mine after i got the item

on 19-02-2018

Partilink was mentioned on page 4 of this thread.

There are very few displays that use DP 1.4. The Dell 8K display does. DP 1.4 allows 4K at 120 Hz or two 4K at 60 Hz. 8K requires two 3840 x 4320 60 Hz connections which means using two DP 1.4 cables (8K is four times larger than 4K).

HDMI 2.0 can’t do more than 14.4 Gbits/s. DisplayPort 1.2 allows slightly more at 17.28 Gbits/s so there’s no point in using DisplayPort 1.4.

I think any DisplayPort 1.4 display that exists in the future will work fine with a 4K 60Hz DisplayPort 1.2 signal.

on 19-02-2018

Yeah i have that 8k monitor so i was confused with that

on 21-02-2018

I’m also looking for a HDMI 2.0 to DisplayPort 1.2 adapter, and found this after a lot of Googling:
http://www.partilink.com/product-info.php?id=94

I contacted Partilink and they confirmed the product will be available in March, and will be priced $200.

From Yogarine

Any idea also where this is going to be for sale? or only through there website?

on 21-02-2018

Hi Techbundy, if you scroll up joevt bought one and reported everything about his/her experience

on 21-02-2018

Again, Mu7ammad, we asked multiple times for pictures of the adapter. Could you please provides us with one?

on 21-02-2018
Hi Techbundy, if you scroll up joevt bought one and reported everything about his/her experienceFrom Luca Delponte

Sorry my technical english is not that great,,

But as i can read this adapter will be available and will let me play 4k 60hz with my xbox one on hdmi2.0>DP1.2 connection?

Ill be happy to pay 200$ thats better than a new 4k screen?

What is your opinion on this?

on 21-02-2018

From what the report from joevt it seems like it. But, if you actually READ the whole report, you would find out that after shipping and taxes the adapter for the moment is nearly 400$. Please scroll up.

on 21-02-2018
From what the report from joevt it seems like it. But, if you actually READ the whole report, you would find out that after shipping and taxes the adapter for the moment is nearly 400$. Please scroll up.From Luca Delponte

Yeah so we should wait another few months? wait till things get cheaper if they ever going to be.. what a hassle for one adapter haha.

Thanks bud for the quick reply

on 22-02-2018
From what the report from joevt it seems like it. But, if you actually READ the whole report, you would find out that after shipping and taxes the adapter for the moment is nearly 400$. Please scroll up.From Luca Delponte
Again, Mu7ammad, we asked multiple times for pictures of the adapter. Could you please provides us with one?From Luca Delponte

Hey, I’m sorry for the wait I don’t remember you asking me for anything but I’ve shared images of it now. It’s the ordinary generic looking HDMI-DP adapter with a USB powering plug which when i take it out causes the screen to go black so it’s a necessity. This makes me wonder if i’m missing out on any detail as although the picture quality is superb other companies with $400 converters might have better technology otherwise there wouldn’t be a huge price difference. If this $400 converter is out I’ll definitely give it a shot as my monitor is irreplaceable. I’m also done creating a video showcasing the adapter. I experienced a new issue however. The input is not detected after hours of playtime and I find that the adapter is extremely hot when this occurs but I fixed it by placing a fan in the back of my setup to keep it cool (I guess it is working so my idea of the adapter overheating might be true) but I’m going to see if gamintech is willing to replace my adapter since the lifespan of this adapter might be short given the abnormality it’s been producing. The image quality is amazing on my display, and I think it (my monitor) upscales it to 8K (maybe?) because it beats the XBRX830C I own.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RiJhso1_yjdf8Dweq-9RKg4fuOWr45_i

on 22-02-2018

Thank you extremely much Mu7ammad. Could you also add a picture of either the screen’s overlay “connection state” e.g. () or your windows out frequency/resolution ( e.g.  ) so that we have the picture “3840 × 2160 60 Hz” in your picture collection?
Thank you very much again

on 26-02-2018

Let me clear a couple of things and make an assumption.
1) The partilink product is NOT 400$. It’s 400$ after shipping and customs. It’s 199$. That is to say that if one were to set up a mass drop or similar you would end up being closer to 200$ than to 400$ . The product clearly uses some kind of controller which must be similar to the gamintechsales one.
2) The gamintechsales one put the controller directly in the header of the dp receptacle.
Assumption: the controller is the same or very similar across the two of them. The partilink one is enclosed in a box and there is some kind of dissipation. The gamintechsales one doesn’t have any kind of dissipation, making it hot even after a short usage. It would be wise to help the dissipation of the heat (a fan? a dissipator?)
Aftermath: I live in Europe. Gamintechsales only operates in the US. Shipment from China most probably have higher customs costs than in the Americas. I will never be able to buy either one. (Sad face).

on 26-02-2018

Mu7ammad’s last picture (in the google drive link) has the 8K display’s overlay picture clearly showing 3840×2160,60Hz on the bottom right corner.  I believe the image on the screen is from an X Box One (those are X Box games being pictured).

The overlay says “DP Capability: DP 1.4”. I don’t know if that refers to the adapter or the display. A test from a DP 1.2 computer, DP 1.2 adapter, or Thunderbolt 3 port might port clear that up (since Thunderbolt 3 doesn’t support DP 1.4 yet).

I think the partilink and opto-media converter boxes might have more chips than the gamintech adapter? They are bigger. The opto-media one has two relatively large chips. Maybe the gamintech one has a chip at both ends? I wouldn’t try opening it myself. People use x-rays for this kind of investigation.

on 05-03-2018

Yeah it’s a picture from the my games and apps section of my Xbox One X. Also DP capability on this monitor is just stating the maximum DP version the monitor can take. It actually aggrevates me how Dell couldn’t wait and opt for the new HDMI 2.1 connection which is backwards compatible supporting up to 10K at 120hz. I wouldn’t have this issue to begin with kind of feels outdated already :/

on 05-03-2018

Also, my overheating issue seems to be resolved once I got a replacement. Probably was a doa

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
13 on 21-02-2018

I have a PS4 PRO, and LG31MU97 I’m trying to get it to work at 4k resolution but it’s only displaying at 1080p at 60hz, is there a way for me to use my 4k monitor, and display 4k? all help is appreciated  thanks in advance 🙂

on 21-02-2018

The spec sheet for LG31MU97 says it supports 4K at 30 Hz on HDMI.

If the PS4 Pro won’t do 4K at 30 Hz (because Sony doesn’t like you or they think it makes games look bad), but will do 4K at 60 Hz (because Sony wants you to buy a new display), then you need to use the DisplayPort connection of the LG31MU97 to do 4K at 60 Hz.

To use the DisplayPort connection of the LG31MU97, you need to use a HDMI 2.0 to DisplayPort 1.2 converter, like the ones we’re discussing in this thread.

I don’t have a PS4 Pro to test my HDMI 2.0 to DisplayPort 1.2 converter.

on 21-02-2018

which one do you suggest I get?

on 21-02-2018

I only tried the opto-media one.

The partilink one might be interesting – it will output to two DisplayPort displays but I don’t think any of us need that feature. It says it will transmit at least stereo audio over DisplayPort which will be useful if your DisplayPort display has audio (the LG31MU97 doesn’t have audio).

The opto-media converter extracts audio to analog RCA or digital S/PDIF instead and does not output audio on DisplayPort. This feature doesn’t matter in the case of the PS4 Pro because the PS4 Pro also has a separate audio output.

The prices are about the same (i.e. very expensive).

on 21-02-2018

Looks like gamintech updated their website. The image of their HDMI 2.0 to DisplayPort 1.4 converter has been updated.
https://gamintechshop.weebly.com

Their converter looks like HDMI 1.4 to DisplayPort 1.2 adapters I’ve tried in the past where it uses USB for power. It’s most similar (or exactly the same) to the one from StarTech. StarTech has a sticker on the HDMI connector on the underside (shown blank in the gamintech picture). It’s possible StarTech is using the same Chinese manufacturer except gamintech somehow gets an HDMI 2.0 version?

Curiously, the one I have from StarTech doesn’t match the image on the StarTech website (the shape of the plastic around the DisplayPort connector is different – mine is rectangular, has no grip lines, and has slightly convex top and bottom surfaces with no markings).

on 21-02-2018

So, one which seems to be the working one? I’m still quite confused about the entire thing. I’m surprised no one has this converter when there’s clearly a demand in this market for these type of converters.

on 22-02-2018

Mu7ammad posted pictures (link in an above post) of the HDMI 2.0 adapter he got from gamintech. It looks like my HDMI 1.4 adapter from StarTech instead of the HDMI 1.4 adapter on StarTech’s website or the HDMI 2.0 adapter on gamintech’s website.

This is more evidence that StarTech and Gamintech are using the same Chinese manufacturer? Is it possible that the adapters are the same, except the Gamintech one is overclocked to support HDMI 2.0 input? Maybe overclocking causes the overheating problem reported by Mu7ammad? Maybe that’s why StarTech doesn’t sell a HDMI 2.0 version?

The converter I have has heatsinks on the chips and has a metal shell also used as a heatsink. The Gamintech/StarTech adapters just have plastic shells.

on 22-02-2018

So which ones worth getting?

on 05-03-2018

I got a replacement and the overheating problem doesn’t seem to be happening. Looks glorious on my 8K monitor which I knew would destroy my Sony TV. GaminTech’s adapter is $150 so it’s a matter of what’s affordable. Gamintech charges for function over materials.

on 05-03-2018

I’d prefer both, but it’ll do for now. I’ll upgrade if a better performing adapter is out.

on 05-03-2018

If you do a Google reverse image search on that gamingtechhub, and go to the bottom of the page, lots of people are selling it

https://www.google.com/search?tbs=sbi:AMhZZistcoqV7bVP8v_1urIlKsZ4DSvoE6hOpMRa6OXWiQdhXhiy8cwCvBxbA7m6QFo8G7Apjd_1s6OfdxFUhCLwRDDCyaUb-zqp6_1UiHhgRTfbfvqrm5eZfK3XAvY3VeHCbfF1cr5bldpgoBggFrxm3YiS28C4rptgIGYz9y-nCB15HL0A10Wr0iC5olVxVheW7xcnW6KSZ8wt0_1D5NL211pePlgz-VK4jwReQUu0gKCPS4bi9hPTVeiF0DXPUF83bG595d28iFTPpnMC4B-g-cpvNGZGSpJkHw6LYApeBluit5uzxt4J6FE96xWn37Eik3nG-YoXL0nj&hl=en-GB

on 06-03-2018

It’s most likely a placeholder image those adapters are hdmi 1.4 mine was 2.0

on 06-03-2018

Yeah, I struggled to find a spec on those websites. I think I’m just going to concede defeat and buy a HDR gaming monitor instead, it’s not far different in price now if you go for a 28″ 🙂

on 07-03-2018
I got a replacement and the overheating problem doesn’t seem to be happening. Looks glorious on my 8K monitor which I knew would destroy my Sony TV. GaminTech’s adapter is $150 so it’s a matter of what’s affordable. Gamintech charges for function over materials. From Mu7ammad

Could you please link me to their website page or something for me to buy from, cause I can’t seem to find any. :(( btw i live in the UK.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on 23-02-2018

When will they release the one which is compatible with 4k at 60hz, cause I definitely wouldn’t want to compensate it for below 60hz tbh. Is it better for me to get another 4k monitor just because of this reason alone?

• Liked by
Cancel
3 on 05-03-2018

Is there any plugs that work with 4k monitors from my PS4 Pro, I’m surprised this thread is a year old, but no news still to this date.

on 05-03-2018

Hi. There are. They are difficult to come by. You have already been answered. And this thread is older than a year.

on 06-03-2018

Partilink has one and gamintech on twitter gamintech is cheap and easy to get although magerials arent best

on 06-03-2018

Could you please link me GaminTech please, thanks

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
5 on 06-03-2018

So it seems the gamingtech one is out of stock. Leaving the partlink @ $400 after shipping/taxes. Aka… no options yet for us common folk lol. All I want is to display my one x @ 60hz through displayport. Jesus Microsoft get with the program. Should have released it with a display port.

on 07-03-2018

They’re in stock they just dont have a working cart in the website

on 07-03-2018

Do you know if they ship to Europe?

on 07-03-2018

They do i referred a friend from austria to get a tv from gamintech and they charged $20 extra i think but yes

on 07-03-2018

But things can change so idk if they still do

on 07-03-2018

Partilink probably does as well given they’re taking PayPal.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on 07-03-2018

I’ve tried to find both of these and cannot find any of them, even after clicking on the link. Any news on when this will be released or is it just better getting a new monitor just for this.

• Liked by
Cancel
3 on 07-03-2018

Psa: you guys could go for gamintech if you want an affordable option theyre closing manufacturing next month (what they told me by email) theyre in stock but their site is giving them issues (what they told me by email) so their checkout system is closed. I’d prefer partilink for the quality and longevity maybe but for $150 gamintech isnt bad.

on 07-03-2018

I still dont trust them lol. All the bad signs are there.. no decent website/webshop. Sketchy name and a buy fast because they wont make them anymore.. sounds really sketchy to me not going to risk it im better of paying 400$ then getting potentially scammed.

on 08-03-2018

Yeah, I agree looks super dodgy. So there isn’t a actual adapter as of yet then. If there was I’m sure others would be selling it also. Honestly I think mu7ammad is chatting breeze here.

on 09-03-2018

Mu7ammad has a working adapter, photographed and tested. The fact that Gamintechsales are a sketchy seller are different, though

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
11 on 05-04-2018

I bought Optomedia CMV-535 converter.

I have received converter yesterday. But I’m not able to get it work with my monitor Benq bl3201pt.

I have connected hdmi 2.0 cable from my videocard (PC) to converter and another end from converter to my monitor via Displayport cable. And nothing shows on the screen. The picture did not appear even after resolution was reduced in the video card settings. The cables that I have tried are working fine with 4k 60hz if connect them directly from PC to monitor (without converter). Maybe there is new firmware to this converter available? 
But the main reason why I decided to buy this converter is to be able to play on my PS4 Pro with my 4k monitor via DisplayPort because there is no hdmi 2.0 input on it. And guess what – m
y PS4 Pro  also does not display anything on the screen via this converter. 
I wrote to Optomedia guy (his name is Yoyo) who sell me the thing, but at the moment there are public holidays until April 9 in Taywan, so I guess I shall wait for his reply.

on 06-04-2018

What graphics card are you using?

You need two cables, a DisplayPort 1.2 cable and a HDMI 2.0 cable. You say both work at 4K 60Hz? What 4K 60 Hz display did you test with the HDMI cable (since the Benq bl3201pt only supports 4K 30 Hz via HDMI 1.4)?

The opto-media CMV-535 has a power supply that needs to be connected. Does the blue LED power indicator light up?

The opto-media CMV-535 has two dip switches to select between 4 different EDID settings. I’m using OFF-OFF (OFF = up position) to get 4K 60Hz from my Nvidia Titan X HDMI 2.0 port to a Dell 4K display’s DisplayPort input. Any setting should be able to get something to display from Windows 10.

OFF-OFF = 3840×2160 60Hz
ON-OFF = 4096×2160 60Hz
OFF-ON = 3840×2160 30Hz
ON-ON = 1080p 60Hz

It’s possible that we might have two different firmware versions. I would like a firmware updater where I can modify the EDID settings myself.

on 06-04-2018

I’m using Palit GTX 1080 (reference version). I have DisplayPort 1.2 cable, which I’m using now to connect my PC to monitor for 4k 60hz, and I have HDMI 2.0 cable (18Gb/s), which I bought recently. Also I have second HDMI 2.0 cable from PS4 Pro kit. Benq bl3201pt only supports 4K 30 Hz via HDMI 1.4, but if you create 4k 60hz custom resolution in Nvidia control panel the monitor then is able to handle this. But there are some flickering in this case, so this is not the option fore daily use. 
CMV-535 power supply is connected and the blue indicator lights up. Also I have tried different positions of switches, but none of them worked.

on 06-04-2018

It sounds like your PC is able to detect a monitor connection on the HDMI 2.0 output and lets you change the resolution setting, but no signal is coming out of the DisplayPort of the CMV-535. The benq doesn’t show any useful error message?

Can you extract the EDID from each of the 4 settings? Do they appear to be reasonable? We could compare to see if there’s a difference in our firmwares.

You might have a bad unit. Or maybe there’s a compatibility issue between it and the benq. Trying other DisplayPort displays would help to eliminate that possibility. It doesn’t even have to be a 4K display…

Did you try setting the resolution to 1920×1080 (with or without changing the dip switches)?

on 06-04-2018

Monitor only show “no signal detected” message. I don’t know how to extract EDID. What is it and how it works?
I have tried 1920×1080 with or without changing switches- no success either.

on 10-04-2018

I’ve spent a lot of time testing the converter and I managed to get an image on Monitor from my PC only in the resolution of 1366×768 and in any resolution less of 1366×768. Both converter’s switches were in upper position. So the converter works, but 1366×768 is a max supported resolution somehow for my unit. And that’s is not how this converter should work. That is very strange. The second thing is that my PS4 Pro is still not able to give me a picture on a screen even if I manually select 720p resolution (which is 1280×720 pixels) in PS4 settings.

I have bought two additional Displayport 1.2 cables (one of them is DP 1.2 to miniDP 1.2, so I’ve tried both DP ports of my Monitor) and second HDMI 2.0 cable but they not helped either. It total I have tried 5 different cables- 2 HDMI 2.0 cables and 3 Displayport 1.2 cables. So the problem obviously not in cables.

on 19-04-2018

Any updates on this?

on 21-04-2018

Yeah. Max supported resolution of this converter is 1080p. Don’t buy this shit. Try another vender.

on 22-04-2018

The CMV-535 works for me to convert 4K 60Hz HDMI to DisplayPort. You’ve tried different cables. Have you tried different displays?

There’s an Nvidia webpage about how to get EDID at:
 http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2867

The suggested app, Entech’s moninfo.exe appears to work well enough.

You’ll want to compare the EDID for the benq display (for DisplayPort 1.2 and HDMI 1.4 ports), and the four settings of the CMV-535. Use select all, copy, and paste to get the text output.

If the video timings in the EDID from the CMV-535 is much different than the benq for the desired resolution of 4K 60 Hz, then maybe you need to make an override?

Or, what if you connect the benq directly using DisplayPort 1.2 (without the converter), but override the EDID with that from the CMV-535 to see if that EDID is compatible with the benq?

What is the pixel clock of the 1366×768 resolution? I wonder if the DisplayPort connector is falling back from 4 lanes to 2 or 1 lanes?

on 23-04-2018

Thanks, I will try.

on 28-04-2018

My current theory is that the BenQ BL3201PT display is incorrectly advertising a max TMDS clock of 165 MHz (ARTA sent me the EDID) and the CMV-535 is incorrectly limiting output resolutions because of that. 165 MHz would only allow resolutions up to around 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz just as ARTA found with his testing.

If that is the problem, then the CMV-535 or the BenQ BL3201PT need a new firmware. It’s possible that the SIIG and Gofanco versions of the adapter have the same bad firmware…

I don’t know of any way to override the EDID for 4K 60 Hz DisplayPort between the display and the adapter like the Gefen DisplayPort Detective Plus could for lower resolutions.

on 06-05-2018

Update to my theory: I looked at the EDID which causes Monitor Asset Manager app (moninfo.exe) to think the Max Pixel Clock is 165 MHz. I used “AW EDID Editor” from www.analogway.com which more clearly shows the relationship between the bytes and the settings in the EDID. In the BenQ DisplayPort EDID, the CE vendor specific data (VSDB) for HDMI (IEEE Registration Identifier 0x000C03) has the minimum size of 5 bytes. It is missing the 7th byte for the max TMDS clock.

Maybe the CMV-535 assumes a max TMDS clock of 165 MHz when the byte is missing, just like Monitor Asset Manager, and won’t output anything greater than 165 MHz.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
2 on 25-04-2018

I see alot of graphics cards to monitors in question. Did we ever figure out Xbox one x 4k 60 hz (HDMI Out) to 4k 60hz DP (In Monitor) can be done?

on 26-04-2018

Mu7ammad tested the Xbox One X and an adapter from gamintech and posted pictures (see above). Any similar adapter should be able to do the same. It doesn’t matter that he used an 8K display, as it accepts a 4K 60 Hz DP input just fine.

on 27-04-2018

Hi, the only remaining thing to do is to test the hdcp stripping capability

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
10 on 27-04-2018

Found another HDM 2.0 to DisplayPort 1.2 adapter for $200:
http://www.siig.com/hdmi-2-0-to-displayport-1-2-converter-4kx2k-60hz.html

It looks very similar to the CMV-535 that I have except the case is rounded and the power supply uses a different connector. The product country of origin is also the same: Taiwan.

I have bought SIIG’s HDMI 1.4 to DisplayPort adapter before. Now they have a HDM 2.0 adapter. They’re based in California.

on 28-04-2018

Word of warning for Australians: buying from siig means you’ll be slogged with a shipping fee almost as large as the price of the device itself. I just ordered one off Amazon which seems to be /exactly/ the same as the one sold by siig: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BT4BG4C

The only thing I’m worried about is the HDCP part. It /does/ advertise it supports HDCP 2.2/1.4, so I’m hoping I’ll be able to stream amazon/netflix in 4k (main reason I want one of these adapters). Luckily since it’s fulfilled by Amazon it shouldn’t be too difficult to get a refund if it’s not the case.

I’ll report back once I receive it.

on 28-04-2018

Oh, I just noticed the SIIG one is also available through Amazon now. Just canceled my order for the Gofanco one and placed an order for the SIIG one mainly because SIIG seem like a more reputable company, even if they are the same device. (I also prefer the minimalist look of the SIIG version)

https://www.amazon.com/r/dp/B07C39QBSF

on 28-04-2018

Good find. The Gofanco adapter product page:
http://www.gofanco.com/products/hdmi/hdmi-2-0-to-displayport-1-2-converter-pro-hdmi2dp.html

on 05-05-2018

The SIIG adapter did not work. (Bought from Amazon). PS4 Pro + Acer Predator XB271HK.

• The 3840×2160 60 Hz mode’s (default, out-of-box mode) signal was not detected by my display.
  • The other three EDID modes were detected, but the PS4 defaulted to 1080p 60 Hz saying, “4K video at 60 Hz is not supported. The PS4 output is currently 2K video.”
  • 24 Hz, 25 Hz, and 30 Hz were available frequencies (stated by my PS4), but my display’s OSD doesn’t give me any options to switch into those frequency modes.
on 06-05-2018

I’m sweating, now. I hope it works for me. What display do you have?

on 06-05-2018

Sorry, ignore the question. Skipped over where you mentioned it.

on 06-05-2018
  • 24 Hz, 25 Hz, and 30 Hz were available frequencies (stated by my PS4), but my display’s OSD doesn’t give me any options to switch into those frequency modes.From lucasbrown

Aren’t you supposed to select the frequency from the PS4, not the OSD?

I wonder if the EDID of the Acer XB271HK is similar to the BenQ BL3201PT (mentioned above). Can you post the EDID of the XB271HK? I just need the hex bytes.

on 08-05-2018

No, my PS4 Pro suggested I use my display’s OSD to change to 24/25/30 Hz.

As for the bytes — can you link me to tutorial on what software I’d need + a how-to?

on 08-05-2018

Did a little bit more reading; so, all I’ll need is a computer with NVIDIA Control Panel and connect it to my display via DisplayPort?

I’ll grab my roommates GeForce laptop and give it a shot later.

on 08-05-2018

There’s a link to Entech’s Monitor Asset Manager (moninfo.exe) at
http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2867

It should work on any PC, with either Intel, AMD, or Nvidia graphics that has a DisplayPort connection to your Acer XB271HK. Run moninfo.exe, select your display (real-time), scroll to the bottom where it says “Raw data”, copy everything after that and paste it here. You can remove commas (with search and replace) to save some space.

The EDID for my Dell P2415Q is pasted below. The first 8 bytes (16 hex digits) are always 00FFFFFFFFFFFF00):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Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
9 on 09-05-2018

I’ve also bought the SIIG converter for my PS4 pro and my monitor is similar to the one Lucasbrown owns, it is Acer Predator XB321HK. Unfortunately my monitor receives no signal when i choose the RGB 2160 option on PS4  and yuv420 is greyed out. Is there anyway i can tamper with something to make it work or should i just refund the converter? By the way here’s the raw data i copied by using Monitor Asset Manager: 
00FFFFFFFFFFFF0004729D0450006060061A0104A547287806EE91A3544C9926
0F5054210800010101010101010101010101010101014DD000A0F0703E803020
3500C48F2100001A000000FF002341534E4649456A6A4F372F64000000FD001E
3C348536010A202020202020000000FC005842333231484B0A2020202020018D
020312412309070183010000654B04000101EF5100A0F070198030203500C48F
2100001AA36600A0F0701F8030203500C48F2100001A00000000000000000000

on 09-05-2018

Shadow, your EDID for the Acer Predator XB321HK also has a 5 byte VSDB but the IEEE registration number is not that of HDMI. Monitor Asset Manager shows it as:

CE vendor specific data (VSDB)
IEEE registration number. 0x00044B
CEC physical address….. 0.1.0.1
Maximum TMDS clock……. 165MHz

But I don’t think Maximum TMDS clock applies to anything other than the HDMI VSDB (IEEE registration number 0x000C03).

I think you should ask SIIG if the adapter works with a display that has that EDID, and if not, can they supply a firmware update to fix the issue?

on 10-05-2018

I got in touch with their tech support, hopefully we can make it work.

on 11-05-2018

You didn’t say if the monitor receives a signal from the converter when using different resolutions or settings.

Did you try any tests with a Mac or PC with other resolutions above 165 MHz (such as 2160×1440 60 Hz) and below 165 MHz (1920 x 1200 60 Hz or 1920 x 1080 60 Hz)?

on 12-05-2018

I just tried other resolutions using my PC with GTX 1080 ti and there was no signal whatsoever on any EDID settings on the converter, just a black screen. I also tried it with an older laptop with integrated HD graphics (samsung np-sf410), same thing. This is very interesting. I can at least get 1080p signal with PS4 and nothing with a PC or a laptop using this converter (when i plug in hdmi directly without converter to the monitor, both the pc and laptop works). What do you think this suggests?

on 12-05-2018

If you can get 1080p from PS4 through the converter then you should be able to get 1080p from PC or laptop through the converter. Do you have any other DisplayPort displays to test?

on 13-05-2018

I do not own another displayport display but the technical support tried using ps4 pro with a 4k monitor and it worked for them (non-gsync one). They said they will check with their engineering department whether g-sync monitor is compatible with this converter.

on 14-05-2018

There is zero reason why a g-sync monitor should not be compatible. If it doesn’t work, then they need to fix it. Their engineering department should have tools to use your EDID with a display that is known to work. If the problem is with the EDID, then they should be able to change the firmware to workaround that problem.

on 14-05-2018

I have found one strange behavior with my CMV-535 and Dell P2415Q.

The Dell’s DisplayPort inputs support all CVT-RB calculated timings for 3840×2160 from 30Hz to 60Hz (testing using macOS, SwitchResX, Nvidia Titan X (Maxwell)).
But the CMV-535 converter won’t pass CVT-RB calculated timings for 3840×2160 when the refresh rate is between 35Hz and 44Hz.

The Dell’s HDMI port (which shouldn’t matter for our purposes) supports CVT-RB calculated timings for 3840×2160 up to 38Hz. 50Hz and 60Hz work when using a 594 MHz pixel clock (as stated in the EDID). Maybe other refresh rates will work when they use a 594 MHz pixel clock (need to manually adjust the sync widths or find a timing calculator that can use a fixed pixel clock).

It may be important to ensure that the timing used by your graphics card matches the information from the Display’s DisplayPort EDID instead of the converter’s EDID. For example, the CMV-535 reports this (594MHz, 135kHz, 60Hz)
Modeline…………… “3840×2160” 594,000 3840 4016 4104 4400 2160 2168 2178 2250 +hsync +vsync
The BenQ BL3201PT and Acer XB321HK report this:
Modeline…………… “3840×2160” 533,250 3840 3888 3920 4000 2160 2163 2168 2222 +hsync -vsync
My Dell P2415Q is like this (but it accepts 594 MHz):
Modeline…………… “3840×2160” 533.250 3840 3902 3950 4000 2160 2163 2168 2222 +hsync -vsync

The Adapter reports limits of 600MHz, 136KHz, 61Hz
The BenQ reports limits of 600MHz, 160kHz, 76Hz
The Dell reports limits of 540MHz, 140kHz, 76Hz
The Acer reports limits of 540MHz, 133kHz, 60Hz

The Dell seems to work regardless of the bandwidth limit.
The BenQ’s limits seem fine, but try the 533MHz timing from the DisplayPort EDID anyway.
The Acer’s limits are less than required for 594MHz, so try the 533MHz timing from the DisplayPort EDID instead.

on 15-05-2018

I have tried to change timings in Nvidia Control Panel and in CRU 1.3 program for my Benq bl3201pt and converter CMV-535, but all without success 🙁 There is still max resolution which I can get from converter is 1920×1200 in 1080p mode of converter and 1366×768 in 3840×2160 60hz mode of converter. All resolutions which above it are not provide picture on screen. We need a good EDID editor program, where we can edit and then upload new EDID for DisplayPort. I wish someone could advise such program.
My friend has Dell monitor with DP, but its only 1080p. Anyway, I’ll try my converter and my PS4 Pro with it shortly.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on 09-05-2018

0x00044B is the number for Nvidia. I guess that’s for NVIDIA G-SYNC™ monitors. 0x000C03 is for HDMI. It would be interesting if the converter doesn’t work with any G-SYNC monitor…

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 14-05-2018

Any attempt on the SIIG from amazon xbox one x to 4k monitor? Or will I have to be the first one and bite the bullet to find out?

• Liked by
Cancel
8 on 16-05-2018

So I just received my SIIG adapter today. It works! Sorta. I can get 60hz, but it DOESN’T support HDCP 2.2, despite its big HDCP 2.2! sticker on the box. I managed to sort out hdcp with a down-converter I was previously using (though it’s VERY finicky, and the screen will often cut out with the extra adapter). Here are some pictures: https://drive.google.com/open?id=15jmBYlP9XXB91_H3bOkIh3vqm9vStS3F

Also, here is my edid for reference. My display is a Philips BDM4065UC: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on 16-05-2018

On further testing, when trying to playback 4k content, the screen cuts out. Wish I had a GPU w/ hdmi 2.0 or something to properly test.

on 16-05-2018

Hi neGYtn!
 Thank you very much for your testing. I have the exact same monitor and I really appreciate your sharing of information. One note: it’s the BDM4065UC that doesn’t support HDCP 2.2. Therefore if it REALLY doesn’t strip the protection (as I was hoping it would) you would obvisouly need the “downconverter”. One thing is not clear: what is your picture source? It’s not very clear from your post. Cheers!

on 16-05-2018

Ok, sorry, saw your roku picture, could you kindly add that information (and what model) to your main post? Thank you again very much again

on 16-05-2018

Yes, the BDM4065UC doesn’t support HDCP 2.2. If it did we wouldn’t be in this situation, I’m sure. Not only that, but displayport 1.2/1.2a doesn’t support HDCP 2.2. So if nothing other than the HDMI 2.0 input of the converter supports HDCP 2.2, and the device itself doesn’t convert it to HDCP 1.4 so that the displayport can make use of it, it’s effectively 100% useless and misleading information on the product page.

What do you mean by what is my picture source? Where I’m getting the information from? It’s connected to my roku ultra.

I’ve just ordered an ODROID-C2 SoC which comes with an hdmi 2.0 port. I’ll be putting LibreElec onto it and doing some further testing to see if 4K works properly without all the HDCP nonsense getting in the way.

(and if you were curious, the downconverter I used in the second picture is https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-115242-Blackbird-HDCP-Converter/dp/B01CT7THLO — I wouldn’t recommend it paired with the SIIG converter. It seems they REALLY don’t want to get along together, at-least on the roku).

on 16-05-2018

Whoops, didn’t see your second post until after I posted the one above. I’m using the Roku Ultra 2017 model (can’t remember the model number off the top of my head). I can’t add this information to the original post because the forum will no longer allow me to edit it for some reason.

on 16-05-2018

Thanks for the EDID. It doesn’t seem to do anything different/better than the BenQ
s EDID except that the BenQ marks 1920 x 1080p at 60Hz as Native in the CE video identifiers (VICs) even though the BenQ EDID also specifies preferred timing of 3840x2160p at 60Hz. The Acer doesn’t have a VIC marked as native so either the BenQ and Acer have different problems, or they have the same problem that is none of the above.

I guess the adapter doesn’t have a problem with the VSDB as I originally suspected since the Philips (which works) has a similar VSDB to the BenQ (except the BenQ uses CEC physical address of 2.0.0.0 instead of 1.0.0.0 like the Philips).

on 01-06-2018

So I finally tested on a few devices. The odroid c2 kinda works. If using the provided android image, I can get 4k60hz no issue. Installing the provided linux image or libreelec I can only get 4k30hz. I’m going to boil this down to a bug in the linux kernel being used.

My brother also visited today and brought with him his PS4 Pro. I quickly tested it out with the adapter and it detected 4k60hz just fine (image of video output information https://drive.google.com/open?id=1n3UAGXZkRpGEzAjEogiDHaXaJTMkDDx_).

I also contacted siig support re: hdcp 2.2, but it was like talking to a brick wall. They just regurgitated the spec sheet over and over. Oh well. I’m sure /another/ adapter filling this gap will come in time.

on 04-06-2018

Does the Philips BDM4065UC show the current resolution? The user manual says there’s a notification (that you can disable) when the display is powered on at a resolution that is not 3840 x 2160 @ 60 Hz but the manual doesn’t show what the notification looks like.

For linux, maybe you have to use the command line to create a new 4K 60Hz resolution? (randr or xrandr or whatever).

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
8 on 16-05-2018

My test
siig
Ps4 pro
Samsung U32D970 is work 3840×2160 60hz rgb hdcp 1.4.
Lg 31mu97 siig 4k 3840×2160 and 4096×2160 not work
Siig 1080p is work

on 16-05-2018

So you couldn’t receive hdcp 2.2 at all? How disappointing considering it claims it supports hdcp 2.2 on the box. I’ve sent siig support an email about it. Also considering returning it. Not too sure yet.

on 16-05-2018

So you couldn’t receive hdcp 2.2
Yes because my u32d970 and lg 31mu97 is hdcp 1.4

on 16-05-2018

We are close to solving the problem. Archer, could you please provide us EDID of your monitors for reference with ours. Thanks in advance.

on 16-05-2018

Samsung U32D970
00,FF,FF,FF,FF,FF,FF,00,4C,2D,DE,0B,00,00,00,00,14,18,01,04,B5,46,27,78,3A,84,F1,A3,54,36,B7,26,
0D,51,53,BF,EF,80,71,4F,81,00,81,C0,81,80,95,00,A9,C0,B3,00,01,01,4D,D0,00,A0,F0,70,3E,80,30,20,
35,00,BA,89,21,00,00,1A,56,5E,00,A0,A0,A0,29,50,30,20,35,00,BA,89,21,00,00,1A,00,00,00,FD,00,38,
4B,1E,86,36,00,0A,20,20,20,20,20,20,00,00,00,FC,00,55,33,32,44,39,37,30,0A,20,20,20,20,20,01,B4,
02,03,0E,F0,41,10,23,09,07,07,83,01,00,00,02,3A,80,18,71,38,2D,40,58,2C,45,00,BA,89,21,00,00,1E,
00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,
00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,
00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,B9

on 16-05-2018

Lg 31mu97
00,FF,FF,FF,FF,FF,FF,00,1E,6D,E7,76,48,12,01,00,05,19,01,04,B5,3C,22,78,9E,E9,D5,AA,50,34,B6,25,
0E,50,54,21,08,00,71,40,81,80,81,C0,A9,C0,D1,C0,01,01,01,01,01,01,50,D0,00,A0,F0,70,3E,80,08,90,
65,0C,6D,55,21,00,00,1A,28,68,00,A0,F0,70,3E,80,08,90,65,0C,6D,55,21,00,00,1A,00,00,00,FD,00,38,
3D,1E,87,38,00,0A,20,20,20,20,20,20,00,00,00,FC,00,33,31,4D,55,39,37,0A,20,20,20,20,20,20,02,53,
02,03,12,71,45,10,04,03,01,00,23,09,07,07,83,01,00,00,02,3A,80,18,71,38,2D,40,58,2C,45,00,B8,6F,
21,00,00,1E,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,
00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,44

on 20-05-2018

The LG has a 4K timing that is slightly different than the Samsung or my Dell:
LG:
“3840×2160” 533.280 3840 3848 3992 4000 2160 2214 2219 2222 +hsync -vsync
Samsung:
“3840×2160” 533.250 3840 3888 3920 4000 2160 2163 2168 2222 +hsync -vsync
Dell:
“3840×2160” 533.250 3840 3902 3950 4000 2160 2163 2168 2222 +hsync -vsync

There are other differences but I don’t see anything strange. The LG, Samsung, and DP don’t have a VSDB.

on 20-05-2018

I dont no
Why lg 31mu97
siig
ps4 pro 4k not work

Samsung u32d970 is work

on 20-05-2018

1) You have to test if the display can accept a DisplayPort signal using the converter’s HDMI timing. If not, then that’s probably the problem.
2) If that is the problem, then you should test if the display can accept a DisplayPort timing using the Display’s DisplayPort timing (of course that should work).
3) Then test if the display can accept a DisplayPort signal from the converter using the display’s DisplayPort timing.
If #3 doesn’t work, then the problem is not a timing issue but something else with the adapter.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
4 on 17-06-2018

I was told that the SIIG converter will not work with my monitor.
Here’s what the support told me,
“Our converter does support 4K 60HZ, the issue lies in the mismatching pixel clock (either 533MHZ or 594MHZ) between the source- PS4 Pro and the XB321HK G-Sync Gaming Monitor, usually graphics cards’ pixel clock will work fine with G-Sync gaming monitor. It is a limitation of our product.”

on 17-06-2018

That’s a crappy explanation. The XB321HK’s DisplayPort EDID has a 533.250 MHz timing. Are they saying the PS4 Pro only outputs the 594 MHz timing reported by the adapter’s HDMI input and the XB321HK won’t support 594 MHz from it’s DisplayPort input? That would be reasonable since the XB321HK’s EDID indicates a max of 540 MHz.

It looks like when you tested with a PC or laptop that you did not try using a custom EDID for the PC’s HDMI port with a 533.25 MHz timing matching the XB321HK’s DisplayPort timing. If that works, then SIIG should give you a firmware update that replaces one of the four EDID’s with one that has the same 533.25 MHz timing.

I tried your XB321HK’s 533.25 MHz timing with my CMV-535 adapter and Dell display and it works fine. 594 MHz also works. 533.31 MHz too. I used SwitchResX in macOS to create the custom resolution. The SIIG adapter should also be able to use the 533.25 MHz timing. The problem is that you can’t create a custom resolution for the PS4 Pro, which is why you need a new firmware for your adapter to tell the PS4 Pro the correct timing. My Dell doesn’t display the pixel clock that it’s receiving (only the resolution and refresh rate), so I can’t be sure the adapter is faithfully reproducing the HDMI input signal on the DisplayPort output signal.

You said before that you didn’t get any image from any resolution from the PC or laptop through your adapter. That is bizarre. Did you try 1920×1080 or whatever? Custom resolutions? Did their tech support have an explanation for this?

on 17-06-2018

To be clear, it’s reasonable that the SIIG adapter in it’s current state (uses 594 MHz) can’t support the XB321HK (which expects 533.25 MHz). But it is unreasonable that they haven’t tried a firmware update to enable the compatible timing of 533.25 MHz.

Their own product page says:

• Dual mode Micro USB port to power the adapter using the included power adapter, plus firmware update capability to ensure performance and compatibility

It seems they’re not trying very hard to “ensure compatibility.”

on 17-06-2018

Archer333 reported that the Samsung U32D970 with the same 533.25 MHz timing as the Acer Predator XB321HK works with the SIIG adapter. It would be nice to know if either display can work with a 594 MHz timing from a PC’s DisplayPort.

on 20-06-2018

I asked the support why a firmware update is not a possibility to make it work with my monitor. I really appreciate you being so helpful, but i am not very tech savvy so i cannot answer much. I tried all EDID’s on the converter, but i cannot get any signal on my pc. I’ll keep you posted once the support gets back to me.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
1 on 17-06-2018

Been trying to get my lg 31mu97 Monitor to work with my PS4 PRo for months now, still no luck.

on 17-06-2018

The last we heard from you is that you were still trying to find an adapter.

Archer333 has the same LG31MU97 display. He tried the SIIG and a PS4 Pro and it didn’t work. I told him to do some tests with a PC. He hasn’t replied since. Maybe you can do the tests. In any case, if you get the SIIG adapter and it doesn’t work, then you may need to contact their tech support to get a firmware update.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
13 on 21-06-2018

The gofanco amazon page notes: – “Supports 594MHz 4K/60Hz bandwidth (SMPTE 4K) displays, as SMPTE 4K is the format available for HDMI 2.0. If the displayport monitor does not recognize the 594Mhz bandwidth, it will not convert. Monitors operating in 533MHz 4K bandwidth also will not work, unfortunately.”

This doesn’t make sense because I can force my computer to use a 533 MHz timing with my adapter (CMV-535) (but I can’t verify that the adapter is not converting that to 594 MHz on the DisplayPort end – but doing that seems like a complication to be avoided by any sane adapter manufacturer). No one else here has tried the 533 MHz custom timing with a PC, their adapter, and their display. That seems like important information to have…

The SIIG and gofanco web pages don’t mention the 594 MHz limitation. I don’t see why this limitation would exist, since the adapters are made to support arbitrary resolutions and timings.

SIIG and gofanco have a firmware update to improve compatibility, but I don’t know if it fixes the problems people are having here. The firmware updates are the same, confirming that both are the same product. I might try it with my optomedia CMV-535. The only difference between the updaters is the model number mentioned in the instructions.

on 21-06-2018

The support told me about the update, and i updated the device but it still does not work for me.

on 21-06-2018

Did the four EDID’s of the adapter change at all? Do any of the EDID’s mention 533 MHz? Maybe you need a firmware with an EDID that has a 533 MHz timing. Do they know what the update actually changes? Do they have a firmware bug list?

on 21-06-2018

SIIG new update firmware
test
4k ps4 pro.
new update  lg 31mu97  IS NOT work
new update firmware
Samsung U32D970 
test ps4 pro 4k
change
hdcp1.4  to hdcp 2.2.

on 21-06-2018
on 21-06-2018

Good to know they fixed the HDCP 2.2 issue.

The firmware update instructions seem to have a mistake where button #6 is the same as button #2 when it should probably be the next button down.

I’m waiting for a reply from optomedia before I try this update (to make sure they use the same updater).

For my CMV-535, clicking the Switch buttons changes the USB product name from “HDMI2.0” (vendorID/productID/Vendor 0x5566/0x5566/Pana) to “USB-Serial Controller D” (0x67b/0x2303/Prolific Technology Inc.) to “WPM USB” (0x416/0xa316/NUVOTON).

on 22-06-2018

Another interesting thing: The screen shots in the SIIG and gofanco firmware update instructions have the model number CV-524 that was mentioned previously before (advertised by gomax) and which optomedia says is an earlier version of their CMV-535. I’m not sure which Taiwan company is the original manufacturer. I don’t know if the CV-524, SIIG/gofanco, and CMV-535 can all use the same firmware. I’m still waiting to hear back from optomedia about their firmware update.

on 22-06-2018

Wow, I was not expecting them to provide a firmware update that enables HDCP 2.2. Even better, this firmware update seems to have much better support of auto framerate/resolution switching! On the original firmware, the device really struggled with resolutions and framerates outside of that defined on the currently selected resolution from the edid switch. If it did switch, you’d be generally staring at a black screen for like ~10 seconds while it figured out what the hell was going it. It’s all instant now — no issues automatically switching resolution and framerate based on video source. This device is basically perfect for me now!

Well done to the devs behind the firmware update.

on 22-06-2018

I believe that the reason why some of us are not able to get their converters working (no matter which manufacturer) is that they all operating with 594Mhz in 4k60Hz mode, so our monitors (including mine – Benq bl3201pt) can not output the signal from converter, because they operate using 533Mhz pixel clock as max for 4k60Hz. Of course we can manually adjust pixel clock from 533 to 594 on our PC, but these settings only works when connecting monitor directly to PC. When connected through converter these settings are useless due to 
Also, I’ve updated my CMV-535 with firmware from CIIG, so they are compatible. And as I expected it didn’t help to get the signal. I’m still getting only 1080p signal (from PC and from PS4 Pro) on my screen using converter.  I assume that this is because for 1080p the lower pixel clock is required. I suggest to ask the devs to make firmware which will convert 594Mhz to 533Mhz 🙂 in 4k60hz mode of converter.

on 22-06-2018

Hey neGYtn, I also have the Philips BDM4065UC, and it’s hooked to an xbox one x. To my understanding you bought https://www.amazon.com/r/dp/B07C39QBSF and updated the firmware. Is there another adapter that I need or anything else that I should know?
Thanks

on 23-06-2018

Hi harel, that is the exact adapter I bought, and yes I did update the firmware (downloaded from SIIG’s website). I have tested on Linux, Android and the PS4 Pro, and all are working at 4k60hz. I do not own nor know anybody that owns an Xbox One X, so unfortunately I cannot test it, but at this point i’d day it’s pretty safe to assume that it will work without any issues. No other adapters are needed.

on 05-10-2018

Hey again neGYtn, finally received the adapter. It’s taking a very long time to update the firmware, may I ask how long it took?

on 05-10-2018

It only takes a few seconds. There are three parts to the firmware. Each one is done separately according to the instructions provided.

on 05-10-2018

Thanks for the quick reply.  I had to set it to COM 6 in the second and third part in order for it work. I can confirm it working with the Philips BDM4065UC hooked to an Xbox One X. Thank you all.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
4 on 23-06-2018

I have tested Optomedia CMV-535 with my PC more thoroughly and here are the working resolutions\refresh rates which I managed to get using option of custom resolution in Nvidia control panel:
1. 2560×1440 with refresh rate from 23Hz to 44Hz. This is from 92.65Mhz to 177.24Mhz pixel clock.
2. 1920×1200 with refresh rate from 23Hz to 55Hz. This is from 74.22Mhz to 177.48Mhz pixel clock.
3. 1920×1080 with refresh rate from 23Hz to 72Hz. This is from 74.22Mhz to 178.20Mhz pixel clock.
All resolutions which are below 1080p should work according to the same scenario.

So, as you can see there is a limitation of ~178Mhz pixel clock of my monitor (or converter). All settings which lead to more than 178Mhz pixel clock’ frequency do not give picture on screen. I couldn’t find parameters in monitor’s or converter’s EDID that limited pixel clock, but I think that it might be relevant to Maximum TMDS clock (the matter discussed above in this topic).

Presumably, since that there is a TMDS clock limitation of monitor, not converter, the new firmware for converter may not solve this problem. I will try to reach Benq’s support in order to get firmware for my monitor Benq bl3201pt that will set limitation of max TMDS clock to 0 (as converter’s EDID stated), because it seems that it can not be changed through monitor’s or converter’s EDID amendments.
on 24-06-2018

I believe the problem is with the converter, and not the display.

I don’t think the TMDS clock is the problem. As I stated before, the TMDS clock mentioned in the output of moninfo.exe has a bug where it shows a default max TMDS clock of 165 MHz when the HDMI VSDB does not have enough bytes to actually specify a max TMDS clock.

I looked at the EDID of your BenQ BL3201PT again, trying to figure out where the 178 MHz might be coming from. The CE video identifier (VIC) that is marked as Native is 1920x1080p at 60 Hz. This has a CVT or GTF pixel clock of approximately 173 MHz (5 less than 178). Maybe that’s a coincidence, because VIC #16 is supposed to be 148.5 MHz (CEA/EIA-861, not any of GTF, CVT, and CVT-RB; the latest standard is called CTA-861-G).

Did you test a direct DisplayPort (without converter) connection to the BenQ BL3201PT with the same  resolutions and timings? This will prove that the limitation is with the converter and not your display. This problem is different than the 533/594 MHz problem that other displays have (because you’re trying 2560 x 1440), but your display may have that problem as well if your display can’t do 3840 x 2160 594 MHz without the converter).

I was able to do 2560 x 1440 up to 73 Hz (296 MHz) using the CMV-535 with Dell P2415Q. 74 Hz did not work (300 MHz). Using a direct DisplayPort connection, I can go up to 86 Hz, 350.81 MHz (but not 87 Hz, 355.06 MHz) which exceeds my display’s max refresh rate of 76 Hz. I’m not sure why they differ. I previously reported my 3840 x 2160 tests where all refresh rates from 30 to 60 Hz worked with a direct DisplayPort connection, but the converter couldn’t do the range between 35Hz and 44Hz (but did the ranges 30 to 34 and 45 to 60Hz). Very strange.

on 24-06-2018

Joe, thanks for commentaries.
I’ve tested what you suggested:
Max reachable frequency when connected PC directly to monitor’s DP at 2560×1440 resolution- 85Hz, 342.40Mhz. As your monitor, seems that mine also have limitation of 85Hz.
3860×2160 60Hz, 594Mhz also worked without converter.
Agree with you- the problem indeed is in converter. I’m going to google 178Mhz (or 177) limitation problem.

FYI
After update of my Optomedia CMV-535 converter with CIIG’s version of firmware I get the following modelines in converter’s EDID (mode 4k60hz):
1.”3840×2160″ 533,250 3840 3888 3920 4000 2160 2163 2168 2222 +hsync -vsync
2.”3840×2160″ 594,000 3840 4016 4104 4400 2160 2168 2178 2250 +hsync +vsync

If I’m not mistaken, before the firmware update there were the following modelines (at least in Optomedia’s version of converter):
1.”3840×2160″ 594,000 3840 4016 4104 4400 2160 2168 2178 2250 +hsync +vsync
2.”1920×1080″ 148,500 1920 2008 2052 2200 1080 1084 1089 1125 +hsync +vsync

I don’t know which modelines the initial firmware of CIIG’s converter is contained, but maybe this firmware will solve 533/594 MHz problem that some of us have.

on 25-06-2018

I think it would be better if they put the 533 in a different EDID than the one containing 594 – like maybe into the one containing only up 1080p.

You have a GTX 1080 reference card so there should be nothing wrong with your HDMI 2.0 port, and you’ve already tested that with 5xx+ MHz.

I’ve looked at the firmware updates, and converted the hex files to binary files. The main binary seems to have the EDID’s but there is some unknown compression where duplicate groups of bytes seem to occur only once so you need to know how to decompress it before you can edit it. I think the converter’s USB serial connection has diagnostics that could be informative, but we don’t have the software to use it. There are many diagnostic strings in the HDMI and DisplayPort parts of the firmware. I have a terminal program that works with USB serial devices, but you need the commands to enable the communication. All I can get is repeated ; or = at 57600 bps (I’m not even sure if that’s the correct speed).

on 27-06-2018

I’ve received the firmware update from optomedia. It is the 0608 version (June 8), identical to the gofanco and SIIG update (except the instructions are in a pdf instead of an excel file). They also gave me the 0312 version (March 12). I haven’t noticed any improvements since I haven’t encountered the problems others were having (my Dell supports 594, and I don’t have an HDCP 2.2 source to test).

They told me about the change ARTA found with the 3840 x 2160 60Hz EDID, where they added the 533 as a preferred timing and 594 as the second timing. I’ve confirmed that the EDID is now as ARTA described. The three other EDID’s have changed slightly or not at all.

Archer333 said the update didn’t work with the LG 31MU97. Maybe the 533.25 is not close enough to the LG’s 533.28 (not just the pixel clock, but also all the other parameters)? I’ve suggested to optomedia that it would be better if the 533.25 MHz was in a separate EDID than the 594 to be sure the game console doesn’t choose the 594 timing. I’ve also suggested that they make the EDID editable.

“Serial Port Monitor” shows the COM commands for updating the firmware of the DisplayPort and HDMI ICs. I couldn’t get USBTrace to look at the HID commands for updating the firmware of the main device because you have to power cycle the adapter.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
1 on 25-06-2018

I’ve discovered another issue with the SIIG converter (and I guess also affects the gofanco one, not sure about the other converters). It doesn’t pass audio through to the converter with a video source encrypted via hdcp. Can anyone else confirm? Easiest way to test is just plug some headphones into the converter and try playing something from netflix or prime video.

Will contact SIIG support too.

on 29-06-2018

Update to this: Turns out I’m just an idiot, lol.
I just needed to set the audio settings on my device to stereo and I was able to receive audio through the 3.5mm audio port on the converter. Guess I’m just too used to my tv doing all that automatically.

SIIG support was super helpful this time, however. Probably the best support service I’ve ever experienced. Props to them for taking the time to help my stupid ass out.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
1 on 03-07-2018

the siig converter works with benq bl3200pt – ps4 pro?

on 04-07-2018

The BL3200PT is only 2560 x 1440, so a cheaper HDMI 1.4 to DisplayPort adapter will be much less expensive and still get you full refresh rate (I’m not sure about HDCP support).

ARTA was not able to get a CMV-535 adapter (similar to the SIIG converter as both have the same firmware so they both probably use the same hardware) to work with a BLP3201PT at more than 2560 x 1440 @ 44 Hz but they are very different displays (the 3201PT is 3840 x 2160).

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
2 on 05-07-2018

Did anybody already try the siig converter with the asus pg27aq. Because I live in germany and I need to pay taxes If I order one. On the amazon page, they write that gsync monitors only go up to 1080p. Is there now any fix with all those updated firmware? It is really fucked up, that I cannot use my expensive ps4pro with my high end monitor. Why is there no DP on the consoles? I cheched the nvidia control panel and the monitor is running @ 533mhz pixel clock.

on 05-07-2018

That G-SYNC comment in the SIIG specs is new. G-SYNC monitors can work with non-Nvidia DisplayPort outputs, so there’s no reason why a G-SYNC monitor can’t work with this converter. Can you get full 4K 60 Hz from Intel or AMD graphics?

The term “due to mismatched timings” contains no information. Why can’t they make the timing match? The converter supports almost a continuous range of resolutions and refresh rates. I have discovered a range of refresh rates that inexplicably don’t work at 3840×2160 (in the 35Hz to 44Hz range) but I had no problem with 533MHz 60Hz timing. I don’t know if the DisplayPort output timing matches exactly the HDMI input timing of the converter because the display does not report pixel clock, only horizontal and vertical refresh rate.

The updated firmware (there’s only one so far) for the SIIG has a EDID with 533 MHz as primary timing, and 594 MHz as secondary, but I don’t know if the PS4 Pro will choose the primary which is why I suggested that they should put the 533 MHz in a separate EDID and if that doesn’t work then you need to tell Sony that their PS4 is not using the EDID correctly.

on 06-07-2018

I cannot check a intel or a amd graphics card. My mainboard only has a hdmi 1.4 output so I can only do 4k@24hz and i don’t have a amd card at hand.
I also can’t try the converter and send it back if it doesn’t work, because you can only buy it in the US.
That’s the reason why I ask here. I have to pay 40$ of import fees.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
5 on 22-07-2018

So the support finally got back to me after i asked why it is not possible to release a firmware update for me to use the product and  here’s what they said, 
“I’m sorry for the late response. This due to the limitation of our product and updating the firmware will not solve the problem. It is unfortunate that your monitor is not compatible with our product.

Thank you for your understanding.” 
What a bummer..

on 06-08-2018

I have a new firmware 0731 from optomedia that replaces the 1920×1080 EDID with an EDID that has a 3840×2160 60Hz timing with only a pixel clock of 533 MHz. Nothing else has changed. Send me a message if you want to try it out. It works with my Dell P2415Q but the Dell works with all the previous firmwares so I don’t know if this new one will fix anything.

on 06-08-2018

Thanks a lot but i returned the converter :/

on 06-08-2018

Hi Joe. Could you please send me this new firmware. I will try it with my converter. You already have my email. Thanks in advance.

on 08-08-2018

Still no luck. Firmware 0731 from optomedia didn’t solve the problem.

on 08-08-2018

Yeah, it only changed the EDID on the HDMI side. If your display doesn’t work with the adapter from a computer (where you can create any custom resolution) then your display won’t work with anything until they change the DisplayPort side of the firmware.

With the adapter, If your display can work from a computer using the timing specified in the adapter’s EDID but not from a game console then maybe this new firmware will help (but only if the game console honors the information in the EDID).

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
5 on 28-08-2018

Hi all,

I would like to use the HDMI 2.0 to DisplayPort 1.2 converter (the SIIG or the Gofanco Prophecy) since I have a PS4 Pro and a monitor which only supports 4K resolution on a Displayport.
The monitor I have is the AOC AGON AG271UG with G-Sync. I saw on Amazon that the converters don’t support 4k resolutions on monitors with NVIDIA G-Sync. Now I wonder, why exactly the converter can’t support a 4K resolution on a monitor with NVIDIA G-Sync? I could easily disable the G-Sync funtion in the NVIDIA Control Panel. Could it be, that disabling the G-Sync function, an easy solution to make the converter work with G-Sync monitors?

I would like to hear your opinion about this.

Thanks!

on 30-08-2018

For people who are still interested, I got a reply on my mail to Gofanco:

From what we’ve seen so far, G-Sync monitors, regardless of brand, operate in 533MHz 4K bandwidth and our adapter only works with 594MHz 4K/60Hz bandwidth (SMPTE 4K).  This is in the built into the hardware and disabling G-Sync function in the NVIDIA Control Panel won’t help. 

Most monitors can switch between both bandwidths but G-Sync monitors do not.  We have an AOC monitor in-house and just couldn’t get it to work.
on 02-09-2018

I can create custom resolutions on a PC with various timings and they’ll work on my Dell P2415Q with or without the adapter. Are they saying that a 533MHz signal from HDMI is converted to 594MHz by the adapter? It doesn’t do that with other timings from 45 Hz to 60 Hz. Well, to be clear, the display only shows the resolution and refresh rate, not the pixel clock so I can’t be 100% sure that some kind of pixel clock conversion isn’t happening. If the pixel clock is being increased, then it would have to add pixels to the blanking areas to maintain the refresh rate. I believe the converter has diagnostic information available via a USB serial console that could help describe what is happening, but I don’t know the necessary commands.

on 04-09-2018

Thanks for your reply, but it’s logical you can play with the settings when you use a PC. I think my question about the G-Sync option is irrelevant since the option has to be configured via the NVIDIA control panel on the PC itself. The PS4 isn’t really comparable in my opinion. 

Anyway, I am going to try an adapter (4k30hz), which isn’t going to work most likely, and share the results. I think I will be forced to buy a TV aventually, to experience the PS4 4K resolution. One upside though, TV’s have HDR, which will make the experience a bit better 🙂

on 07-09-2018

My point wasn’t about being able to play with the settings. It was about being able to get a 4K 60 Hz 533 MHz signal to work. There is currently no explanation why I can create a 4K 60 Hz 533 MHz signal to work on my display, but you can’t get it to work with your display unless the converter is doing something inexplicable like taking 533 MHz and outputting 594 MHz. Can they confirm this behavior? Does output clock not always equal input clock? Is output clock usually not equal to input clock (i.e. input clock may have a continuous range but output clock can only be certain discreet values)?

If you’re saying you can get a 4K 60 Hz 533 MHz signal to work on your display using a PC but not with a PS4 then that would be an important distinction worth noting here.

on 07-09-2018

Ah okay. I missunderstood you then, sorry. But I think the converters of SIIG and Gofanco aren’t worth trying for me anyway, untill they say G-Sync is fully supported on the output with a 4K60Hz 533MHz bandwidth. So for me personally the one from Partilink is more interesting now.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
14 on 05-09-2018

If anyone still wants the one from Partilink, I can confirm it works very well (I was testing prototypes). There is a German dealer, but I don’t know the final price.
https://www.ute.de/produkte/videotechnik/partilink-p4k2-h1d2.html

on 06-09-2018

Sounds good man! Do you use a G-Sync screen?

on 06-09-2018

No I do not. G-sync is a Nvidia brand and defined for Displayport only afaik, but I am aware there is ATI’s Freesync that is also defined for HDMI, but it is probably not an industry standard. I don’t expect the adapter to handle variable framerate, but I have not tried it.

on 07-09-2018

MCMG is referring to the problem in the previous post where the optomedia/gofanco/SIIG converters aren’t able to output video to a g-sync display.

The g-sync display is being used as a DisplayPort display without g-sync features. The current speculation is that the problem is due to the fact that the g-sync display does not allow 594 MHz pixel clock timing (has that been confirmed using custom resolution settings on a PC?) and for some unknown reason, the converter will not output the required 533 MHz signal. Either the converter won’t output 533 MHz when receiving a 533 MHz HDMI input (can be tested using custom resolution settings on a PC), or the PS4 won’t provide a 533 MHz HDMI input.

on 07-09-2018

I have sent an e-mail to Partilink and asked which bandwidths the converter use. This is the reply I got:

To your question, the P4K2-H1D2 supports both 533Mhz and 594Mhz.

But now I am not sure at which side these bandwidths are supported… the input or the output. Also, is 4K suported on the 533MHz bandwidth. I think I should ask them these questions before ordering one 😀 

For the people who are interested in ordering this coverter, and as “ost” said, the converter is available on https://www.ute.de

on 07-09-2018

This is the reply I got from UTE:
The P4K2-H1D2 supports both 533Mhz and 594Mhz. Meanwhile for your technical information, this converter is not a scaler therefore it cannot convert 533Mhz to 594Mhz or covert 594Mhz to 533Mhz.

Does anyone know which bandwidth the PS4 Pro has on its output?

on 07-09-2018

I am afraid the PS4 uses 594Mhz.. I think Partilink has the same problem as the other 2 converters (SIIG and Profanco). Somehow they aren’t able to convert the bandwidth in the converter.

on 07-09-2018

I am guessing the PS4 will use whatever the EDID on the display tells it to. Normally a TV will provide CEA861 timing in the extension block of the EDID. Iirc, the CEA rev needs to be F+ to support 4k. The traditional EDID1.2 does not support 4k resolutions as native resolution unless you go EDID1.4, wich some sources may not undertand.. There are also some displays providing DisplayID extension that may cause problems. Hook up your monitor to a pc and use moninfo from Entech to find what your monitor presents itself as. Remember to view “live” (vs register) edid, as windows will just copy the first 128 byte base EDID to the registry,.
Anyway, I know the Partilink will pass on both those pixelrates. I have tested them both.

on 10-09-2018

Honestly, I think I will go for an 4K TV since the converters are worth (in Europe) 400 euro’s or even more. It’s cheaper than a good TV, but I think the investment in a good TV is more worth than spending money on a converter which might work, but a big chance it doesn’t work with my setting. For now I just use the HDMI 1.4 port on my monitor untill I got enough money for a 4K TV.

Thanks for all your input anyway!

on 11-09-2018

ost, how do you know the pixel rate (MHz) is faithfully duplicated from the HDMI input to the DisplayPort output? Onscreen menus of displays usually only show the vertical refresh rate (Hz). You might be able to use DDC/CI to query the horizontal refresh rate (kHz).

I think partylink is saying that the pixel rate is faithfully duplicated, or at least the converter will not take a 533 MHz input and output 594 MHz with extra pixels for the horizontal blanking?

It would be nice to know for sure how the converter handles various pixel rates (as required to support various resolutions and timings).

on 11-09-2018

The Partilink uses some kind of unidentified LCD monitor driver as the core IC. It is programmed to just forward the resolution to a LCD monitor driven by (e)DP. The adapter also integrates an STDP4320 (Megachips) IC to split this output into two DP outputs.
Whether any porches get modified I don’t know for sure, but I don’t think so. I am pretty sure it does not convert the pixelrate.
A 4k60 (4:4:4) TV would in any case be able to handle the 594, because it’s part of the CEA. Computers are more likely to output 533. If you have some monitor only capable of 533, you have to trust it’s EDID/CEA and the sources capability to interpret it.

on 12-09-2018

Partilink does not work with G-Sync monitors. They did some tests and confirmed to me via mail that it doesn’t work:

Thank you for your question. We presume your question are all about G-Sync monitor right? Sorry after verification this  week we find this converter is not compatible with G-sync monitor.
conclusion, there isn’t any adapter available yet that works with G-Sync monitors

on 12-09-2018

That statement does not explain why it doesn’t work. G-SYNC monitors can work with non-Nvidia DisplayPort sources (without using G-SYNC’s variable refresh rate functionality), so why can’t G-SYNC monitors work with this converter? Maybe the eDP chip doesn’t like the DisplayPort of the G_SYNC monitors (but it does work at lower resolutions or refresh rates?). Maybe it can be fixed in firmware.

I wonder if piping the DisplayPort output of the converter into a Thunderbolt add-in card, then extracting the DisplayPort using a Thunderbolt dock or Thunderbolt 3 to Dual DisplayPort adapter would have an effect?

on 13-09-2018

I am not sure why it doesn’t work. Perhaps the best way is to check that with the companies themselves since they are building the converters. I don’t have a lot of knowledge about the technical functions of these converters. All I know is that all the companies (SIIG, Profanco and Partilink) gave me the same answer, that G-Sync monitors aren’t compatible with these converters. They didn’t give me any technical substantiation with their answers… maybe you would like to send them an e-mail with your questions?
And your setting sounds worth trying, but it’s only getting more and more expensive.. I think a new TV is still a better option than struggeling with something which has a small chance of succes.

on 13-09-2018

Another simpler idea is to use a MST Hub between the converter and the display – the hope is that the converter will accept the MST Hub, and the MST Hub will transmit the DisplayPort to one (or all) of it’s DisplayPort outputs – this requires two things:
1) the DisplayPort input of the MST Hub must accept a non-MST signal from the converter. I think this is likely as StarTech says it’s MST hubs work with macOS which doesn’t support MST for multiple displays (but in this case the input is mirrored to all outputs of the MST Hub).
2) The MST Hub must in some way present to the DisplayPort source (the converter) a DisplayPort device that is different than the G-SYNC display in a way that makes the converter not vomit. I’m not sure about this one. I think it’s a necessary feature of the hub to modify the DisplayPort information, as the hub is able to take an MST input and output to multiple SST outputs. Basically, it takes multiple SST displays and presents to the computer a chain of MST displays. I could be wrong about this. Maybe SST is the same as MST with display count = 1?

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
2 on 12-09-2018

MCMG, let me get this straight. You want to run PS4 [pro] in plain 4k60  on this AG271UG monitor? If PS4 refuses to send any signal to it, it could be because of its EDID. Are you able to dump it (moninfo and post it heres so I can check the behaviour?

on 13-09-2018

Yes I would like to, but I didn’t buy any of these adapters because all the companies (SIIG, Profanco and Partilink) told me the same, the converter isn’t compatible with G-Sync monitors. They actually meant to say, it is not possible to get a 4k60Hz signal on the input of a G-Sync monitor. The only signal which is available is a 1080p60Hz. So yea maybe you will find something in the log, but perhaps you should ask Profanco the results of the test since they tested a G-Sync monitor with their adapter.

on 13-09-2018

I am very interested to see the EDID of this monitor.
There is no reason not to support std gfx modes, except the EDID may not contain a CEA-861-F block (wich would be weird, but possible) that the PS4 may require to run 4k. If it only has a -E CEA block, the PS4 may enter 1080p. On some 4k monitors you also have to manually enable the DP1.2 (vs 1.1) to get to the pixelrate you need.

Note:The DP and HDMI port may present different EDID to the source.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel