CAC-1070 and 1170 HDMI 2.0 adapter feedback topic.

Updated on 08-05-2018 in Adapters and Cables
0 on 17-04-2016

Slightly interesting problem: CAC-1170 is working well at 4K60Hz for me, but it prevents my Mac Pro from booting up. I get a black screen and no startup chime. I can get it to boot by unplugging the HDMI but leaving the adapter plugged in. It doesn’t matter if the TV is on or off. Here’s my details:

Mac Pro 5,1 OS X 10.11.3
Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Mac Edition
CAC-1170 on mDP w/ AmazonBasics 18Gbps HDMI cable
Seiki SE42UGT

Again, the video works great, just doesn’t like booting up anymore. I’ll send this message to support as well so I can try the new firmware. Thanks!

• Liked by
Cancel
3 on 25-04-2016

Still waiting for my firmware to support Visio P55-C1 / CAC-1170… Email was went.
Why isn’t this firmware is not just posted on a website?

on 26-04-2016

Hi stillkickin, when did you send your email? Our support team usually responds within 24 hrs but may take longer!

on 26-04-2016

Hello, email was sent on Sunday night, still no response.

on 26-04-2016

Got it. Thanks for the PM.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
10 on 03-05-2016

Am I  the only one who has trouble running the firmware updater? Tried 2 PCs, both with Intel graphics (Iris Pro 6100, HD 3000), latest BIOSes and drivers on Win 10 64 clean installs.

On both PCs, running the updater, I get a dialog box that allows me to select my gfx card type (Ati, Nvidia, Intel). Selecting Intel does nothing. The program doesnt go to the next screen where I can update the firmware. It just stays there. I can only press Exit. I’ve tried running as admin and even with Win7 compatibility option on.

Ι’ve been trying to output 4k60Hz from my i7 Intel NUC (nuc5i7ryh) to my Samsung Hu7500 UHD TV. Creating a custom resolution at 60Hz doesn’t work, it gives me a no signal error.

Any ideas?

on 03-05-2016

After you select Intel try and press the Enter keypad. It should work

on 03-05-2016

I’ve tried that. It gives me the error “no graphics card found”.

on 03-05-2016

I would recommend you to try with a pc that has a different gpu.
Have you tried to create a custom resolution using CVT-RB ?

on 03-05-2016

Can you upload a picture with your hdmi cable or give me a link from where you got it? I had to change like 4 cables till I’ve found one which was actually capable of 2.0, 18gbps.

on 17-05-2016

I’m having the same issue with my intel NUC6i5syh.  I select intel,  press enter and it tells me no graphics card found.  I also have no other pc with a mini displayport

on 27-06-2016

On 5i5RYH tested:
Update Graphics Driver; manually downloaded and installed (don’t let that auto-updater from Intel do that) Intel Graphics Driver pack 15.40.25.4463, which contains DisplayAudio Driver 6.16.00.3197 plus Graphics driver 20.19.15.4463. (suited for most Broadwell HD Graphics).

Update Graphics Driver; manually downloaded and installed (don’t let that auto-updater from Intel do that) Intel Graphics Driver pack 15.40.25.4463,

which contains DisplayAudio Driver 6.16.00.3197 plus Graphics HD6000 driver 20.19.15.4463.

on 04-07-2016

So with version 4463, does the updater work?

on 05-07-2016

Update: tried drivers 4463 and the new firmware updater indeed works. However, it reports my existing firmware as being the latest version (0x1e).

I also tried using a Club3D HDMI 2.0 cable. My Samsung UE55HU7500 will display ‘No HDMI signal” when switching to 4k 60Hz via custom resolution and CVT-RB timing.

I’m guessing this particular combination (Intel HD graphics + Samsung 2014 UHD TV) is a no go.. I’ve tried literally everything. 🙁

on 06-07-2016

I also updated to the .26 firmware, still no signal when switching to 4k 60Hz via custom resolution on Samsung UE55HU7500.

on 06-07-2016

Also, UHD deep color enabled on TV.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on 03-05-2016

CVT-RB doesn’t work. Unfortunately I don’t have any other PC with miniDP port. I’ll try to upload a photo

• Liked by
Cancel
7 on 10-05-2016

Hi, i got the CAC-1070 working at 4k/60hz/4:4:4 with CVT-RB but I get a red screen from the second I turn on my pc until the windows welcome screen. So I can’t go to bios unless I connect a pc monitor. Can a firmware update help?

Specs:
Samsung 40in JU7100 4k TV
Asus Rampage IV Formula, boots with UEFI mode if it matters.
EVGA Geforce 670 FTW

on 10-05-2016

Hi Darksaviour, is it completely red and showing any message? And does it work properly / artifact free as soon as you log on?

on 10-05-2016

its only red on post and bootup. No message. Once it hits the welcome screen it’s totally fine and artifact free. I’m noticing fullscreen games won’t use the custom 4k res so it defaults to the normal one that gives me a black screen. on windows10. Can you email the firmware update to this profile’s email address? The support page doesn’t even list that cac-1070..

on 10-05-2016

Mail sent!

on 10-05-2016

Thanks. I updated the firmware but there was no change. O well. Windowed/bordless mode will have to do.

on 25-05-2016

Small update, the red screen is the cause of whatever colors are in the background. In my case, red. My conclusion is that the adapter just doesn’t support a lot of resolutions. The resolutions the BIOS/POST/BOOT are at and any 60hz resolution above 1080p in any game. Really disappointed.

on 13-06-2016

With regards to Samsung TV’s, often the UHD color need to be enabled for 3840×2160 @60 to work, often it work best to make

A custom resolution in the Crimson Driver for 3840×2160 at 60Hz with Timing Standard set to CVT-Redeuce Blanking.

And also for many Samsung TV’s it is important to change in the setting of the TV to “PC” for the HDMI port you are using.

on 20-06-2016

That was the first thing I did. I enabled UHD color and set input as “PC” to it uses 4:4:4 and reduced input lag. The cvt-reduced blanking custom resolution works but unfortunately that only works for the desktop and NOT post/bios/bootup or any fullscreen game. The games just won’t use that custom res. Borderless fullscreen works. I’m willing to try more firmware updates if more are coming out. Maybe you guys should have a sticky post with firmware updates so we don’t keep asking.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
1 on 12-05-2016

I have a new CAC-1070. It is coupled to a Monster 1000EX 1mtr cable and connected to a GTX 780. My PC runs Windows 10 (Latest Insider build) and driver 365.10. Alas I can’t connect at RGB or YCbCr 4:4:4 at 4K60. I am only able to connect 8 Bit 4:2:0. Connecting the HDMI cable directly allows 12 bit 4:2:0 but this adaptor only allows 8 bit. My TV is a Panasonic TX-50CX700B. This is meant to allow 4K60 4:4:4 with HDMI mode 1 and 4K Pure Direct enabled but this is dependant on input and the GTX 780 or the adaptor isn’t telling the TV it is a HDMI 2.0 capable device.

Reading the thread linked I am led to believe there is a Firmware update that may help? If this is the case could it be sent to assist?

on 12-05-2016

Hi Lee,

I seriously doubt the problem would come from the Firmware …

With your TV i think you can best use HDMI Input 2 (the one with ARC).

As for the cable, if this is the one you have http://www.amazon.com/Monster-Cable-Ultra-1000EX-Speed/dp/B00M295D36

Then it will not be able to give you 4k @ 60Hz I optimal colors, because the cable “only” supports up to 10Gbps and you should have one that supports up to 18Gbps.

Something like this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/CLUB3D-HDMI-Speed-Cable-3Meter/dp/B0194UCMCU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1463052785&sr=8-1&keywords=cac-1310

Here’s my standard checklist

* Make sure the HDMI cable you are using can do HDMI2.0 or 18Gbps.

I know it sounds a bit “easy” but many cables do state to support 4K but actually do not support that in 60Hz and/or the full bandwidth, that certainly goes for cables longer than 3 meters. It is always best to go for a certified cable, something like this http://www.club-3d.com/index.php/products/reader.en/product/hdmi-20-high-speed-4k60hz-uhd-cable-.html

* On many TV’s you need to turn on “UHD Color” or “Advanced or Enhanced” setting manually in the settings of your TV for the HDMI port to which your pc is connected.

* Also it could help when connecting 2 screens, to set the screen connected thru the Adapter as second/secondary screen

* I advise you to make a custom resolution, set resolution to 3840×2160 at 60Hz and set Timing standard to CVT-RB (reduced blanking)

* Color Depth need to be set to 8 bpc (when running 4:4:4).

What are the 4K formats supported by the adapter ?

Best regards,

Marcel

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
11 on 12-05-2016

I have replied.

There is no such thing as a HDMI 2 cable. http://www.techradar.com/news/television/hdtv/hdmi-2-0-everything-you-need-to-know-1180242

Will I need to buy new HDMI 2.0 cables?

That depends. You can use your existing HDMI cables with new HDMI 2.0 connections as the connectors themselves haven’t changed. While there’s no such thing as an HDMI 2.0 cable per se, displaying 4K at 50/60Hz will require a High Speed/Category 2 HDMI cable. You can pick one up for a few pounds/dollars online. Don’t spend any more.

The Monster cable listed is a Category 2. It wasn’t rated higher when it was sold because a higher rating did not exist at that point. It is NOT the limiting factor. If I had a new GPU I could prove that in an instant.

on 12-05-2016

The HDMI.org site doesn’t list 2.0 cables either. Why? Well, if they haven’t changed the cable standards, they don’t exist.

http://www.hdmi.org/consumer/finding_right_cable.aspx

on 12-05-2016

Technically you are right. However a significant percentage of HDMI cables sold as ‘High Speed HDMI With Ethernet’ cable, capable of doing 4K 60 etc, are in fact not delivering what they’re promising. So if it’s a Monster cable, it will surely do what it says. For many ‘white label’ cables from China that doesn’t apply. So a lot of issues reported to us, artifacts on screen for example, are caused by cables not suited for 4K 60Hz. 

For that reason the HDMI organization has introduced a new ‘Premium’ certification program for cables, ensuring that they can do 4K @ 60Hz, BT.2020 and HDR. See: http://www.hdmi.org/manufacturer/premiumcable/Premium_HDMI_Cable_Certification_Program.aspx 

So our ‘HDMI 2.0 cable’ is a Premium certified cable, guaranteed to deliver the latest features as mentioned above. 

on 12-05-2016

Technically you are right. However a significant percentage of HDMI cables sold as ‘High Speed HDMI With Ethernet’ cable, capable of doing 4K 60 etc, are in fact not delivering what they’re promising. So if it’s a Monster cable, it will surely do what it says. For many ‘white label’ cables from China that doesn’t apply. So a lot of issues reported to us, artifacts on screen for example, are caused by cables not suited for 4K 60Hz. 

For that reason the HDMI organization has introduced a new ‘Premium’ certification program for cables, ensuring that they can do 4K @ 60Hz, BT.2020 and HDR. See: http://www.hdmi.org/manufacturer/premiumcable/Premium_HDMI_Cable_Certification_Program.aspx 

So our ‘HDMI 2.0 cable’ is a Premium certified cable, guaranteed to deliver the latest features as mentioned above. 

From RoyalKing

Hmm, HDMI need to organise their site better!

Anyway, if I was using a crappy Chinese cable I’d change it in an instant.

https://www.monsterproducts.com/support/learning-center/hdmi/monster-cable-for-life-performance-promise

The cable I bought is covered by the Cable for Life Performance Promise. The reason? They know they wont ever need to invoke it! I sent a support request to them too, just in case and am awaiting a reply. Oh and before anyone calls me crazy for buying a Monster cable, I got it for 90% off at eBuyer, a large (And yes, reputable!) UK retailer. They wanted rid of them so I took advantage!

on 12-05-2016

I did also reply to the PM via e-mail, I think! I couldn’t see any PM to reply to here but it came through my e-mail system instead.

on 17-05-2016

As below. I am at an impasse here as the Firmware didn’t help either. Any other ideas?

———- Forwarded message ———- From: AMD Europe <[email protected]> Date: 17 May 2016 at 15:43 Subject: RE: Monster Customer Support Email: Monster Computer / Digital Life from xxxxx To: > Cc: AMD Europe <[email protected]>

Hi Lee

If you are getting a signal through the cable then it is the devices you are using that is causing the issue.

A hdmi cable will not work with devices that are not compatible

Kind regards

AMD

on 18-05-2016

Hi Lee, 
when checking the specs of that Monster cable we have to conclude that it’s not fit for 4K 60Hz. 

Please note that for 4K 60Hz YCbCr 4:4:4, the cable must support a bandwidth of 18Gbps. Please note that ONLY Premium certified HDMI cables are tested for this.

The Monster cable seems to offer 10.2 Gbps which is sufficient only for 1080p. It’s highly recommended to get a Premium Certified cable, capable of carrying 18Gbps, like the Club 3D CAC-1310 cable: 

http://club-3d.com/index.php/products/reader.en/product/hdmi-20-high-speed-4k60hz-uhd-cable-.html

on 18-05-2016

Hi Lee, 
when checking the specs of that Monster cable we have to conclude that it’s not fit for 4K 60Hz. 

Please note that for 4K 60Hz YCbCr 4:4:4, the cable must support a bandwidth of 18Gbps. Please note that ONLY Premium certified HDMI cables are tested for this.

The Monster cable seems to offer 10.2 Gbps which is sufficient only for 1080p. It’s highly recommended to get a Premium Certified cable, capable of carrying 18Gbps, like the Club 3D CAC-1310 cable: 

http://club-3d.com/index.php/products/reader.en/product/hdmi-20-high-speed-4k60hz-uhd-cable-.html

From RoyalKing

I shall e-mail this to Monster Europe. As I stated above, they have an upgrade promise so I shouldn’t need to buy a new cable as they’re obligated to upgrade if the cable is unable to meet current standards. I shall let you know what they say.

on 18-05-2016

The below link is pretty clear right? Well, apparently not. So long as the cable “works” it isn’t due an upgrade according to some complete idiot at Monster support. I’ve spent 4 e-mails trying to explain what the HDMI 2.0 spec if to no avail and now am no closer to a solution. Grr. You guys at Club3D don’t fancy taking this up with them to help my case? [email protected]

https://www.monsterproducts.com/support/learning-center/hdmi/monster-cable-for-life-performance-promise

on 18-05-2016

Update: Victory!

I got a reply from a manager who basically hit their support agent with a trout. I will be getting a new cable next week and will let you guys know of the result.

Do you think this cable will do the trick? 😀

https://www.monsterproducts.com/UltraHD_Black_Platinum_HDMI_with_Ethernet

on 21-05-2016

I share my experiences with the little devil adapter as following:
my setup :
PC: Intel NUC6i5SYH (Skylake Iris 540 + 16GB RAM+ 256GB SSD)
TV: LG 40UB800T,
HDMI Cable 6ft – HDMI 2.0 Ready (4K @ 60Hz, 18Gbps) – Braided Cord (28AWG) – High Speed with Ethernet & Audio Return Channel – Video 4K 2160p, HD 1080p, 3D – Xbox, PlayStation, PS3, PS4, PC, Apple TVby SecurOMaxClub3D Mini Displayport 1.2 to HDMI 2.0 UHD (CAC-1170)by CLUB3D
The first day setup make me crazy, but 2nd day better, I even got 2160p@60Hz with old HDMI 1.3 cable 😉
The next few days drive me nut, I can’t get it over 30Hz at 4K.
After a lot of trying with update new drive to 4444, buy a new cable say pro one, and I am preparing to order: Club3D HDMI Premium Certified 2.0 High Speed 4K/60Hz UHD Cable (CAC-1310) 
but finally I just re-arrange the cable lay it strait and 4k 2160p@60Hz is back to very stable condition.

on 21-05-2016

A solid connection among ports are very important here.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on 23-05-2016

Hi,
I have your converter Club 3D CAC-1070 REV.:A1-00 FW:7.1E 16010
The motherboard ASUS Z170I PRO Gaming is connected to TV LG 49UB850V through an adapter Club 3D CAC-1070.
For 3D Blu-Ray Disc I use CyberLink PowerDVD 16. In attempt of identification of a 3D panel, the necessary format automatically isn’t selected. According to 3D doesn’t work. I checked settings of drivers. Intel G4500 processor. But it is worth switching to an output of the HDMI motherboard. Everything normally is defined and works. In test builds Kodi there is a support 3D MVC, the situation is even worse. Kodi tries to switch the TV set mode in 3D. The TV set gives the message on an inadmissible format and there is no image, only a sound and a table “an inadmissible format”. And again in case of connection through HDMI without your adapter everything is normal.
How it is possible to correct it? How to update a firmware of your adapter? I ask you to help.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 23-05-2016

System – Windows 10 x64 Pro
Intel(R) Graphics Accelerator Driver V20.19.15.4377 for Windows 7 32bit & 64bit / 8.1 64bit/ 10 64bit.(WHQL)
and also I tried the beta driver 15.40.23.4444

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 24-05-2016

Still information, it is unclear why, but in case of switching on of the 3D mode, permission changes on 3840×2160 because of what the table – “an inadmissible format” is given, in case of a vosproivedeniye 3D MVC, the screen shall be in the mode 1080p23,976Hz

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 24-05-2016

resolution

• Liked by
Cancel
1 on 25-05-2016

what is the date on the most recent firmware? 

per the email link from support to a dropbox account, the timestamp says the file was last modified ‘4 months ago’ roughly the same week as when they sent me the email (Jan 25)

on 25-05-2016
per the email link from support to a dropbox account, the timestamp says the file was last modified ‘4 months ago’ roughly the same week as when they sent me the email (Jan 25)From Jordan Long

I don’t know date firmware. On a cable a sticker – REV.: A1-00 FW:7.1E 16010. The adapter was bought in Russia 04.2016

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
3 on 25-05-2016

What firmware last? What program it can be learned? Or only on a sticker? Then how there is a firmware updating?

on 25-05-2016

Club 3D support has provided an updated firmware to interested peoples in this thread, as far as I know, the method is via email, but there is some cloudiness around how it works (such as when the most recent firmware was created and distributed)

on 25-05-2016
Club 3D support has provided an updated firmware to interested peoples in this thread, as far as I know, the method is via email, but there is some cloudiness around how it works (such as when the most recent firmware was created and distributed)From Jordan Long

I badly communicate in English. Sorry. I wrote to the address [email protected]. But nobody answered. I have no problems with a signal output in the 4K@60 format. A problem only in the 3D mode when viewing 3D MVC of movies. LG 49UB850V TV isn’t defined as the 3D screen, and the wrong mode is set.

on 25-05-2016
From Jordan Long

But through HDMI all correctly

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on 25-05-2016

I understood everything, support ignores my questions because of sanctions against Russia.))))

• Liked by
Cancel
3 on 25-05-2016

Firmware update software doesn’t support the skylake nuc’s. So between that and having a Visio I’m pretty sol right now. Hopefully they will have new firmware update software soon. I nor does anyone else o know have a different computer that has mini display port. It’s kinda sad, I have everything to run uhd 4K 60hz but still can’t.

on 25-05-2016
Firmware update software doesn’t support the skylake nuc’s. So between that and having a Visio I’m pretty sol right now. Hopefully they will have new firmware update software soon. I nor does anyone else o know have a different computer that has mini display port. It’s kinda sad, I have everything to run uhd 4K 60hz but still can’t.From shroomalistic

In my case of problems with uhd 4K 60hz isn’t present. A problem only in the 3D mode of video. When switching the 3D mode, the adapter permanently exposes a screen resolution in 2160p60 because of what there is no image on the screen. After switch-off and again connection of the HDMI cable the image appears, one of video flows in a screen resolution of 3840×2160@60Hz is displayed. All this in Kodi test builds with support 3D MVC, and in PowerDVD TV isn’t identified as the 3D screen.

on 26-05-2016
When can I expect a link for the firmware update?  I sent an email a few days ago and again today.  I have an AMD HD 7850 and a Vizio M43-c1.  I’m using the CAC-1170 and I’m getting random black screens.  My monitor will also display the desktop incorrectly.  For example the desktop shifts up and the task bar will be in the middle of the screen.  I’ve tried multiple hdmi cables and finally bought the club 3d one and still the same issue.  Please send me the firmware.  Thanks.
on 27-05-2016

When can I expect a link for the firmware update?  I sent an email a few days ago and again today.  I have an AMD HD 7850 and a Vizio M43-c1.  I’m using the CAC-1170 and I’m getting random black screens.  My monitor will also display the desktop incorrectly.  For example the desktop shifts up and the task bar will be in the middle of the screen.  I’ve tried multiple hdmi cables and finally bought the club 3d one and still the same issue.  Please send me the firmware.  Thanks.

From pal9000

That responded to your request, create new thread.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
5 on 27-05-2016

When can I expect a link for the firmware update?  I sent an email a few days ago and again today.  I have an AMD HD 7850 and a Vizio M43-c1.  I’m using the CAC-1170 and I’m getting random black screens.  My monitor will also display the desktop incorrectly.  For example the desktop shifts up and the task bar will be in the middle of the screen.  I’ve tried multiple hdmi cables and finally bought the club 3d one and still the same issue.  Please send me the firmware.  Thanks. If anyone has the firmware would you be willing to send it to me?

on 27-05-2016

Hi Pal 9000. Please share more info on your setup. If you have an HD 7850, it most likely has a normal sized DisplayPort output. If you use a CAC-1170 Mini DP version, do you use some adapter in between to convert from DP to mDP?
Our support team has probably sent you the firmware update, can you let us know if you received it? Thanks!

on 27-05-2016

No it has a mini DP.  I have 2 7850s…one with a DP and the other with a miniDP.  I bought 2 of your adapters (cac-1070, cac-1170) and both are giving me the same results with my Vizio 4k TV.  Is there a software update?  Otherwise I’ll be returning these to amazon and purchasing the UPTab adapter or just buy an NVidia card. Thanks.

on 27-05-2016
Thanks for the update…still getting the flashing screen and aberrant desktop.  I followed every recommendation in the email.  It completely resolves when I remove the adapter but then I only get 4K at 30 Hz.  Not sure what to do. 
on 30-05-2016

Hi Pal9000, it’s likely this issue is caused by an HDMI cable not capable of 18Gbps. Do you know if your cable is certified for 18Gbps or higher?

on 30-05-2016

I’m using your club 3d hdmi cable.  I think I figured out the problem.  Your cac-1170 does not work with vizio TVs.  The update does nothing.  However, I have 2 7850s…one with a mini dp and one with a dp.  So, I hooked up the display port version with your cac-1070.  At first it gave the same results as the mini dp 7850 and the cac-1170.  But I applied the update and it now works great.  Seems like your update only works for the cac-1070.  So for all of you with vizio TVs avoid AMD cards with a mini DP.  After the update the cac-1070 works fine with my vizio m43-c1 and I can now get 4k at 60 Hz.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on 27-05-2016

dfsdf

i love this spam i get from this site

• Liked by
Cancel
2 on 28-05-2016

I wonder if a DP to mini-DP female adapter (if such a thing even exists) would help those of us with NUCs and Intel graphics to update to the latest firmware, using either an AMD or Nvidia card (which, AFAIK only come with full size DP ports).

FYI, the firmware updater also doesn’t work on my Thinkpad X220 with Intel HD 3000 graphics (Sandy Bridge) and the latest drivers. Has anyone using Intel graphics managed to successfully update their adapter’s firmware?

on 30-05-2016

Hi tchalikias, unfortunately the adapter will not work if you place a DP to mDP adapter in between. That will interfere with the digital ‘handshake’ between CAC-1170 adapter and Graphics solution. 

Unfortunately updating the firmware with Intel hardware remains problematic. We’ve reached out to Intel for a solution but so far there are no developments. 

Please note that Intel HD 4XXX and older are not supported, we have quite some endusers who manage to get for example Intel HD 4400 or 4600 working by troubleshooting themselves.

on 11-06-2016

As I said earlier, I’m using the adapter with Iris Pro 6100. The f/w update nor the adapter works there above 30hz at 4K, even with custom resolution.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
3 on 30-05-2016
From Jordan Long

@RoyalKing or other admins

on 30-05-2016

Hi Jordan, it’s  (ps176b0) _0x07.0x00.0x23 and dates from early April. 

on 30-05-2016
Hi Jordan, it’s  (ps176b0) _0x07.0x00.0x23 and dates from early April. 

From RoyalKing

Thank you, can you please forward me the updated version (via my email is fine)

on 13-06-2016

send to your email, sorry for the delay

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
2 on 30-05-2016

Hi, I get no sound using a 3840×2160 60hz custom resolution on my Samsung 40JU6500. The nvidia panel only shows me 30hz as a option. Im using a Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce x3 trough a CAC-1310 hdmi cable. The adapter, a CAC-1070 is currently on its last firmware update (23). Any sugestions? I already changed the VBIOS of the GPU to a serie of versions, but no success

on 31-05-2016

Here is the what I got after a Windows 10 clean install. With UHD mode off I can get only 30hz if I switch it to on I got an information on tv that its running 4K 60hz at chroma but got this image. Seems a problem like Vizio, or not? https://imgur.com/a/A009V

on 08-06-2016

please try this: install UHD sound driver on the system.
Un-install Groahics Card driver, reboot and install latest available Groahics Driver manually. Choose the correct sound output in your system (“HDMI TV” or something like that) and it should work.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
1 on 11-06-2016

I just picked up an LG 65UF8500 and I’m trying to connect to it through my 290X.  I can get 3840×2160 at 30Hz just fine over a bunch of HDMI cables, including a new HDMI 2.0 cable I picked up from Monoprice just in case.  I can’t get any signal with the adapter though.  Am I being stupid and missing a power button on the adapter?  Do I have to do something to activate the adapter somehow?

When I use the adapter I get no signal at all, no matter which HDMI cable I use it with.  Anyone have any idea what I’m doing wrong?

on 13-06-2016

* On many TV’s you need to turn on “UHD Color” or “Advanced or Enhanced” setting manually in the settings of your TV for the HDMI port to which your pc is connected.

* Also it could help when connecting 2 screens, to set the screen connected thru the Adapter as second/secondary screen

* I advise you to make a custom resolution, set resolution to 3840×2160 at 60Hz and set Timing standard to CVT-RB (reduced blanking)

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on 13-06-2016
Good afternoon Sir

I have now received a Platinum Ultra HD cable (Rated at 23gb/s) from Monster Cables as part of their Lifetime Upgrade Guarantee.

Alas, I am still unable to select anything other than YCbCr 4:2:0 at 4K Using your CAC-1070, Windows 10, A GTX 780 and the latest Nvidia Drivers from Guru3d. The TV, a TX-50CX700B is on the latest Firmware downloaded last week.

Any Advice now will be welcomed.

• Liked by
Cancel
10 on 14-06-2016

I’m very curious if anyone else is experiencing my problem… CAC-1170 is working perfectly at 4K60Hz, but it completely prevents my Mac Pro from booting when connected. I get a black screen and no startup chime. It doesn’t matter if the TV is on or off.

What’s strange is I can get it to boot by unplugging the just the HDMI, but leaving the adapter connected.

Mac Pro 5,1 OS X 10.11.6 / Windows 10 64-bit
Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Mac Edition
CAC-1170 on mDP, firmware updated to 0x23
AmazonBasics 18Gbps HDMI cable
Seiki SE42UGT

Is anyone else, Mac or PC, experiencing a similar problem with booting? I’d love to hear from you, I hate to think I’m the only one crawling under my desk with every restart.

on 15-06-2016

Hi Echo1041,
Is that at reboot or coming from sleep mode ?

on 16-06-2016

Rebooting only, waking from sleep is just fine.

on 16-06-2016

I ma assuming you do not turn of the screen with power button. Could you please try to turn on System first and than the screen

on 16-06-2016

The screen is a Seiki 4k TV, and it doesn’t matter if it is powered off or on, I’ve tried both ways. I guess I could try booting with the TV power completely unplugged, haven’t tried that.

There is also a second display plugged into the same video card via DVI that I leave on all the time, but I can’t imagine that should make a difference.

on 18-06-2016

Hi all we have recieved a New firmware update we will send you by email.

on 19-06-2016

I received an email about the new firmware, but there was no new HEX file attached, just updater instructions. I also checked the Dropbox page from the instructions, no new HEX file. Please advise.

I also tested starting up my computer with the TV unplugged. The computer couldn’t detect the display (because it couldn’t provide EDID Hot Plug Detection power) so it was basically the same as unplugging the HDMI cable – the computer booted up fine. When I plugged the TV back in, the computer only provided 640×480 (again, probably an EDID problem) until I disconnected and reconnected the HDMI. So, not any easier.

Looking forward to testing the new firmware as soon as I get the HEX file. Thanks!

on 20-06-2016
Hi all we have recieved a New firmware update we will send you by email.From MST1407

What number of a new firmware?

on 20-06-2016

I received and installed the new firmware 0x26. My computer then worked great across two reboots: Windows to Windows, and Windows to Mac OS. Rebooting Mac OS to Mac OS had the same problem crop up again. I guess there is either something in the Mac shutdown procedure, or something about the third reboot after upgrading. More testing…

on 21-06-2016
Hi all we have recieved a New firmware update we will send you by email.From MST1407

Can you send it my way? thanks

on 27-06-2016

Hi DarkSvior, sorry for the delay. Done now

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
2 on 20-06-2016

new firmware sent to me by [email protected] on June 13th fails to identify my connected AMD chip….meaning I cannot proceed with the firmware update.

on 22-06-2016

update, nvm

on 22-06-2016

Hi Jordan, good to hear it is working for you 🙂

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
2 on 22-06-2016

Does not give any picture when connecting the CAC-1170 to my Philips BDM4065UC Display with my Shield TV. It does work when connecting the adapter on the GPU end on my PC. (GTX 590) It’s really a pity, since this would be the only way of getting 4K60 out of my shield TV to my Display. If anything can be done about this via a firmware fix, please contact me. I’m very willing to test.

on 23-06-2016

Hi Zerreth,
If I understand you correctly you are trying to use the CAC-1170 to send signal from Sheild HDMI output to Philips TV DP input

The CAC-1070 and CAC-1170 are active adapters able to convert a Displayport1.2 signal into an HDMI 2.0 signal. The adapters are NOT Bi-Directional, so cannot be used to send a HDMI2.0 signal and convert it to DisplayPort 1.2, that will not work.

on 23-06-2016

@

Thx for the reply, I will send it back to Amazon & get a refund.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
1 on 27-06-2016

I have the CAC-1170, and I’ve tried connecting it to a rMBP 15 (Iris Pro & 750M) and Chromebook Pixel, and the maximum resolution I’m getting is 2560×1440. At first I thought this was a HDMI problem, so I ordered a certified HDMI 2.0 cable but the results are still the same.

Monitor I’m using is a Wasabi Mango UHD430. Any way to get this to run at 4k?

on 05-07-2016

Hi Ashrafazlan,

Have you tried to make a custom resolution for 3840×2160 at 60Hz with Timing Standard set to CVT-RB (Reduced Blanking). That normally work best for TV’s.
You might need  an app like SwitchResX to be able to do those settings on your MAC though..

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
4 on 04-07-2016

Wow. Out of nowhere, it works!

I recently had en e-mail with new Firmware. Alas it made no difference. Today I had a new Windows 10 Insider Build, 14379 and I was able to select YCbCr 4:4:4. I get that working and 4K Pure Direct works now on the Panasonic menu on my TV. I checked with a 4:4:4 test image and it displays correctly.

YEY!

on 05-07-2016

Hi Lee,

Which OS you had before ? (the one that di not work)

And of course, YEY !

on 06-07-2016
Hi Lee,

Which OS you had before ? (the one that di not work)

And of course, YEY !From MST1407

Windows 10, but I’m on the Insider program, so my build changes once a week on average.

Since then, it has worked about 30% of the time. Each time I reboot it either allows 4:4:4 but my TV doesn’t allow Pure Direct, required for full comparability. Or, it just allows RGB and nothing else. Other times it’ll work. If indeed MS have made a change to something at their end, it may be this at fault. Either way, when it works, it’s great. When it doesn’t, it’s frustrating as all hell. I can confirm of course however that the Adapter can function correctly, if only it is allowed to do so!

on 19-07-2016

Lee, 

What program/applet are you using to “select YCbCr 4:4:4” and can you link the 4:4:4 test image you used? 

I’m also on Insider Program (they stopped showing build number in the bottom corner, but i’m on 14390 as of today) and would like to compare my testing methods against someone else’s.

Thanks!

on 26-07-2016
Lee, 

What program/applet are you using to “select YCbCr 4:4:4” and can you link the 4:4:4 test image you used? 

I’m also on Insider Program (they stopped showing build number in the bottom corner, but i’m on 14390 as of today) and would like to compare my testing methods against someone else’s.

Thanks!
From Jordan Long

Sorry for seeing this late.

I am using the Nvidia Control Panel to set 4:4:4 and the test image is one I downloaded from the interweb but can attach this later.

I have noticed that if I boot my PC with the TV on HDMI 2 (Connected to my PC), the 4K Pure Direct fails and the signal is not working with 4:4:4 even if it is selected. I have to wait until the PC is fully booted THEN turn the TV to HDMI 2.

Also to the guys at Club3d: There are some audio cut outs and instabilities present. Has there been any work at a firmware leel to correct potential audio issues and inconsistencies recently?

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
2 on 10-07-2016

The adapter isn’t working for me (gtx 660 in sli, windows 10, LG 55EF950v)

I’ve got a feeling that my HDMI cable isn’t up to the job but before spending more money to replace it I just wanted to check that this adapter will definatley work with windows 10 as I’ve read quite a few reviews saying that the adapter requires 24bit colour, but that windows 10 only allows a minimum of 32bit…

Is this the case or should it be compatible with windows 10?

on 11-07-2016

Hi BiggerBoat,

Yes the adapter work with WIN10.
To not exeed bandwidth of 18Gbps (max for HDMI2.0), when chosing a resoltuion fo 3840×2160 at 60Hz the BPC need to be set to 8Bit. This is somthing different than what you are talking about (BPP).

Checklist

* Make sure the HDMI cable you are using can do HDMI2.0 or 18Gbps.

I know it sounds a bit “easy” but many cables do state to support 4K but actually do not support that in 60Hz and/or the full bandwidth, that certainly goes for cables longer than 3 meters. It is always best to go for a certified cable, something like this http://www.club-3d.com/index.php/products/reader.en/product/hdmi-20-high-speed-4k60hz-uhd-cable-.html

* Make sure the HDMI input used on the TV is capable of doing 4K at 60Hz often there are more HDMI inputs, but not always all are HDMI2.0 spec.

* Please make sure you do not have any Displayport Splitter or Hub attached to the Graphics Card.

*Please note that in some cases configurations in SLI and/or Cross-fire might casue issues. Please disable SLI and/or Crossfire if so.

on 19-07-2016

thanks for this inof. maybe worth it to put it in the OP or something similar.

Quesiton on CVT-RB vs CVT. 

WHen I set to CVT-RB it auto reverts back to CVT. Does this indicate an issue?

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on 22-07-2016

CAC-1070 plugged into my GTX1070 and output to a 43H7C2 HDMI 2.0 will not work for me yet. if i use the HDMI output on the GTX1070 without an adapter, i get 4k at 60Hz…But i need to use the DP to have multimonitors. When i plug in my 4k monitor to the CAC-1070…both monitors go blank. I did get the CAC-1070 to work on an older small monitor.
help please

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on 22-07-2016

I am having an issue where the display will output 4:4:4 chroma 4k@60hz with AMD drivers uninstalled but with the drivers installed it will only output 4:2:2 4k@60hz. In both cases the display is at 8bpc and no option to choose anything else.

I have contacted AMD support and started a topic where I posted pictures showing this behavior, this thread can be seen here:
https://community.amd.com/message/2737609

They suggested I contact Club3D for a firmware update for my CAC-1170. I have contacted Club3D through their support email page regarding this issue.

Hardware and software specs are as follows:
GPU: HD 7850 with output through miniDP port to Club3D CAC-1170 to HDMI cable to TV
Display drivers: 16.7.2 July19
Display: Samsung UN55JS7000 connected through HDMI 1 with UHD Color setting enabled for this port and input set to “PC” mode.

Please check out the AMD support thread linked above to see the pictures and get a better idea of what is happening.

Thank you.

• Liked by
Cancel